Headphone store in Bangkok?
May 5, 2007 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

HiFiRE

100+ Head-Fier
My k81dj broke (just the platic) while travelling through south east asia and I want to get a replacement when I get to Bangkok in a couple weeks. I doubt I'll find any high end headphones in Laos. Anyone know of a headphone store in Bangkok?

May 5, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 23
Definitely there are.
Many major shopping malls have headphones for sell now.

Siam discover center.
Emporium
Siam paragon
Pantip Ngamwongwan (Near the Mall but on the opposite side of the road)

The last one in the list is quite popular right now. His shop is small but got
variety of high end products.
Also you can looking up for the shop list in the major headphone website.

If you are looking for specific model try asking here http://www.pantip.com/tech/gadget/
That is Thai language webboard. You can post your question in english. I am sure there will be people come to answer. You may have to guess about how to post it a bit. There is text link near the [rss] button that link you to the create new topic.

May 5, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucinoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely there are.

Siam paragon

If anybody still thinks Thailand is a 3rd world country, they obviously have never been to siam paragon.

I spent an entire afternoon JUST in the food court! Didnt even get a chance to visit that hi-fi floor with all the pretty speakers

May 5, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anybody still thinks Thailand is a 3rd world country, they obviously have never been to siam paragon.

I spent an entire afternoon JUST in the food court! Didnt even get a chance to visit that hi-fi floor with all the pretty speakers

True! I was in Bangkok most of January and the Siam Paragon amazed me also. It certainly surpasses any high-end mall I've been to in the U.S, both in terms of size and poshness. They even have a couple of luxury car dealerships inside, including Ferrari dealer!
eek.gif

Anyways, at the Paragon, I recall a dimly lit Hi-Fi store that had Sennheiser headphones in the display window. I did not go in though.

I agree, the food court was awesome.

May 5, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 23
cant beat thai food..im loving them..plus theyre very easy to get here in my place

May 12, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #6 of 23
hifi shop in Siam Paragon
JBL,klipsh,shure,sennheiser,Bang&Olufsen,Bose,West one,Etymotics,Sony,Grado,V-moda(in apple shop),AKG (dream theatre shop), etc..
and the moving hifi such as
Lamborghini , Maserati, Ferrari , Bentley, Porsche, Aston Martin...WoW

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 23
I'm looking for flash based DAP here in Bangkok, something like the Meizu M6 or up to the Cowan D2 as the most expensive that I want. I think i've been spoiled by pricing from newegg and amazon & other mailorder stores in the U.S. Whenever I ask about pricing of players in Asia (here in Bangkok, also in Singapore and HK) usually the prices are a third more than what I can buy the same item in the U.S.

I've walked through the Pantip Plaza & MBK malls already. Where else should I wander to get a decent price on a DAP?

Thanks.

Aug 5, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 23
As he said. Far right corner on the ground floor and you can't miss the black on yellow sign. Worth getting back to check out if you did not do that the first time you were there.

Asian pricing is nothing if you've been to the EU
etysmile.gif

Shoot me a PM if you have more questions.

Aug 5, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #10 of 23
You can find just about anything in Thailand really and I second the Munkong gadget for the most completed headphone lineup in Thailand. They do carry shure, sennheiser, ATs, grado and just about everything out there...even Meier headamp. You should visit that site. They even have a Thai version of headfi up and I'm also a member there. You will be very surprised what you can find in Bangkok. We have so many good things to offer as well as many wonderful attractions.

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 23
I did not know that Munkong had a shop in Pantip. I was in BKK in January and would have stopped by to say HI if I knew.

Aug 5, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by CooLBieRe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go to "Pantip plaza" , quite near to the city,

at the ground floor, just walk straight until you find this shop

http://www.tarad.com/munkonggadget/product.php?lang=th

there has a lot of stuff and can demo them

good luck
;p

Thank you for the link to the store. I have a question about the pricing on the website, is that the price I will have to pay or is there still room to work out a better price?

I will have to go back to Pantip for another look.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the link to the store. I have a question about the pricing on the website, is that the price I will have to pay or is there still room to work out a better price?

I will have to go back to Pantip for another look.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure really...I never visit there myself. How bout talk to them on the discount? I'm sure if they can, they will. I don't think they will feel offended.

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #14 of 23
Note that there are TWO PANTIP PLAZAS! Munkong IS NOT IN BOTH. I wasted many a Baht trying to find it. Also, when I got there they had very little I was interested in. They had Alessandro, Sennheiser, AKG and not much else. I guess I got spoiled in Seoul.

Aug 5, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note that there are TWO PANTIP PLAZAS! Munkong IS NOT IN BOTH. I wasted many a Baht trying to find it. Also, when I got there they had very little I was interested in. They had Alessandro, Sennheiser, AKG and not much else. I guess I got spoiled in Seoul.

Hey...man...sorry. But can't you buy something else to replace your K81dj? I'm not sure if they carry any Beyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back