Headphone Storage Cases
Jul 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gav007

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new headphone storage case for my Sennheiser HD600.  Does anyone know any good cases at a reasonable price?  Currently, I have been looking at the Pelican 1400.  Has anyone tried the Pelican 1400 with the HD600?

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 8
I have the 1450 pelican and there is a bit more room than necessary but I love the case....had it for a couple of years and my Headphones still look and sound like new because of it.  Just purchased another one from amazon for about 84.00 w/free shipping....this one includes the pick and pluck foam....can't go wrong with them and I'm sure they'll outlive me!

oh by the way, regarding the storage of the HD600 in particular...if you still have the original hd600 foam that it was shipped in....you'll find that it fits rather neatly into the 1450.

Dust and particulates are the nemesis of headphones and the pelican is the cure.

I also lock it because, while I do love 'em, little humans are unhealthy for 'em too.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
I have the 1450 pelican and there is a bit more room than necessary but I love the case....had it for a couple of years and my Headphones still look and sound like new because of it.  Just purchased another one from amazon for about 84.00 w/free shipping....this one includes the pick and pluck foam....can't go wrong with them and I'm sure they'll outlive me!

oh by the way, regarding the storage of the HD600 in particular...if you still have the original hd600 foam that it was shipped in....you'll find that it fits rather neatly into the 1450.

I still have the original HD600 foam, and I was thinking about using that with the Pelican 1400 since it looks like a perfect fit.  Does it fit perfectly with the Pelican 1450 because that case is bigger?

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes, there is extra room....2 5/8" lengthwise x 1" .... so it doesn't fit perfectly.

I just put the 600 foam in it and measured for you.

hope it helps.

I do not use my case for travel....so, yeah....you're gonna want a snug fit for travel....pick and pluck is nice but I'll have to see the measurements of the 1400 pelican.

update:

I just checked out the 1400 Interior specs and it looks a smidge too small for the foam:
11.81"30 x 8.87"22.5 x 5.18"

probably fit just the phones, though.

Now, I remember doing this and I remember I wanted a little extra room rather than a smidge less.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Yes, there is extra room....2 5/8" lengthwise x 1" .

I just put the 600 foam in it and measured for you.

hope it helps

Ok thank you :)

Have you tried using the pick-n-pluck foam instead?

The Pelican 1400 dimension is 11.81" x 8.87" x 5.18" so it'll fit perfectly length and height wise, but width would be short about an inch

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 8
The pick n' pluck works like a charm....I've done it....there are different methods like trace your item with toothpicks first and then pluck away but I like the hot knife method or the kitchen electric cutter method....plenty of foam cutting w/hot knife vids on youtube....see hot wire foam factory....nice tool...but they're out of stock at this moment...Hot Wire Foam Factory knife and adjustable sled guide for depth control...very nice. 

If you use your imagination...you can make multiple cuts for multiple phones....I have not done this, though.

I've got a new pair of stax stats coming and...they going into the pelican, for sure....piece of mind is worth the money.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Nice!  Thanks for your help, I will definately pick up a Pelican case
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back