Headphone Stands
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

jpr703

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a decent headphone stand so that I don't have to leave my RS-1s lying on the bowl pads. I'm looking for something reasonably solid but I don't want to spend much. Anyone got a good online source for a banana hanger or something else that will do the job?

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 47
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=13836353

clean and simple.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 47
Another option worth looking into is a storage box. I am in the process of making a wooden one with foam inlays for my 325i and K501. The advantage of a box is it keeps the dust out, however they are not on display all the time. I guess it depends if you value aesthetics or want to protect them

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #8 of 47
Buy a banana stand.
They come in all kinds of styles and colors.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferbose
Buy a banana stand.
They come in all kinds of styles and colors.

I thought a banana hanger would be a good buy, but I wanted to make sure that the hook was large enough to accomodate a Grado headband without smushing it. It's hard to tell when looking at them online.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #10 of 47
If you're not locked into a "stand" per se, I think these are versatile and very kind to any headphone.

sennheiser_headphone_clamp.jpg

You can get them through Stone Audio here:

Senn headphone clamp

Or you can go through Sennheiser direct but when I got mine, they didn't have it on the website so I ordered via the phone. JMO but banana stands(especially wood) just don't appeal to me aesthetically. If I were going to spend the bucks on a stand, I'd let Larry do one at Headphile. I will admit to having a wire stand that I picked up at one of those home store places but it's not so hot either. Hope this helps.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
You can get them through Stone Audio here:

Absolutely screamin' deal if you live in the U.S.:

Hanger + FedEx delivery (only international shipping offered) = 47.63 GBP = $83.53 USD

basshead.gif

Ordering directly from Sennheiser would seem to be the way to go for us Yanks. Meier Audio also has them available for $30 shipped worldwide.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Absolutely screamin' deal if you live in the U.S.:

Hanger + FedEx delivery (only international shipping offered) = 47.63 GBP = $83.53 USD

basshead.gif

Ordering directly from Sennheiser would seem to be the way to go for us Yanks. Meier Audio also has them available for $30 shipped worldwide.

Just giving options. To clarify, I didn't check to see where he's from and just posted the two outlets I knew of from my previous searches.

Personally, I got mine from Sennheiser. Ask for product "HH10" if it's not on their site yet. You can get 'em for under $20 each plus s/h. I just attach them to my laptop stand and they work great. Beats knobs and wires that deform your headband. Thanks for the info on pricing.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Ah, the glass head. An old standby that's been around forever in one incarnation or another. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

It has been my personal experience that any "large object" type of headphone stand,that is one where the spring action of the headband clamps the cans to the stand,when used with Grados compresses the pads semi-permanantly (foam memory ?) and makes them extremely uncomfortable to wear since there is very little padding left uncompressed."Open Air" for the pads and a headband supporting mechanism seems to be the best way to go

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_j_thomas
Is there something wrong with simply laying the headphones down -- looking like the letter "n"?

Aside from asthetics, is there a reason for using a headphone stand?

Less likely to scratch them, plus on some cans leaving them sitting around deforms the pads and headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back