HeadPhone Stands
Jun 18, 2005 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tilt

100+ Head-Fier
I look around these boards and i see alot of sexy sleek headphone stands...Where do you get them?

Also, post pictures of your setup and post em, show off your goods :p

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Chrome banana holders seem to be popular:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846

I've seen some paper towel holders work. Try going to a local Bed & Bath type store or Ikea if you have one, and improvise with different kitchen, bath, etc items. Be creative.

I would stay away from all metal banana holders like that one. I tried one of those and had to try bend the hook to be flatter and It broke off on me. It was very cheaply soldered to the rest of the stand. If you want to use a banana holder try and find one that is wood with a metal hook. They tend to be much more coopertive with bending the hook. If you are willing to spend a bit of money I would look at the wood headphone stands at www.headphile.com .

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 10
The only thing that I think is bad about headphone stands is that it lets the headphones get dusty, and dust will settle inside the earpieces if they are hung so that the earpieces are not vertical. Not a big deal, but something to consider.

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 10
Jun 18, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
had to try bend the hook to be flatter and It broke off on me.

Sounds like you tried to bend it out/downwards with your fingers, putting stress on the (solder?) joint. Probably wouldn't have happened if you used two pairs of pliers so the stress was located right on the hook itself.

Aug 13, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #10 of 10
Sorry for the revival, but I was wondering If any one used glass mannequin heads as Stands, It seems so logical. and their not very expensive at all (Like $25 shipped)

If you do could you post a picture
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back