Headphone stands on the cheap...
Jun 24, 2011 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wilzc

1000+ Head-Fier

So Borders are closing down all over Australia. And they're trying to cut losses by selling almost everything they have, including tables, chairs and shelves. This include little clear bookstands which I though would make decent headphone stands and the guys gave me a bargain at 7 dollars. Now I'm really saddened by the closing of Borders, so the least I can do is help them buy a few :)

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Very nice, though the ATs look a bit stretched! Have Ikea made it to Australia? They have various prodcts ripe for turning into headphone stands.

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Have Ikea made it to Australia? They have various prodcts ripe for turning into headphone stands.

Any sample pics of Ikea items turned into headphone stands? The bookstand doesn't look quite like a good idea as the edges might scratch headbands...

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 6
There are loads of stands here

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread

I used a towel rail that should be screwed into the wall. It stands upright and my headphones go over it.

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 6
The best cheap method that I've seen in person (as in not in the voluminous and wonderful stand thread that Prog Rock Man has posted above) was a cheap $5 thrift store found wooden floor standing coat rack that my neighbor back in college turned into a headphone stand by unscrewing the pole from the base, cutting it to about 1/5th it's original height, and re-threading screwing the remaining length of coat rack back to the base. It held 4 pairs of cans fairly nicely, was a bit tall, but not too shabby to look at and at $5 / 4 cans I'd say that's the best ratio of cost to can that I've seen in a stand. It takes a little bit of DIY but who among us doesn't have a screwdriver, a saw, a drill, and half an hour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back