Headphone Stand
Jun 29, 2002 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

egeorge1

New Head-Fier
I have the Sennheiser HD600 cans and just ordered a custom 12' length of Equinox. I've been keeping my Senns in the custom box they came in, but that isn't going to work anymore with the new heavy cables. Where can I get a headphone stand that will hold them both?

Something like this:

http://www.head-fi.org/member_pics/j...h_blur_300.gif

Or this:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...eiserstand.jpg

I can't seem to find any info on such stands. Please help! Thanks

Happy listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Eric

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 13
Did you see the "Glass Head Alert" thread in this forum? It's only $15 and a great find by Matt. Do you have a Pier 1 nearby?

markl

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 13
Thanks for the tip markl. A bit freakish, but that's what I like about it. However I really want a stand I can loop that 12' cable on as well. I could wrap it around the glass head's neck like a necklace, but that would make it a bit too unstable I think.
frown.gif

Any other suggestions anyone?

Jun 29, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 13
Hi Eric,
It's a lot heavier than it looks. You could easily wrap it around the neck no sweat. At $15 bucks it a sweet deal.

markl

Jun 29, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 13
I made a simple stand out of oak. I used a 4x4x1 piece as the base and screwed a 14 inch 1x1 to that. And drilled a hole through the top section and glued an oak dowel in place. I wish I had my digital camera here.

Jun 29, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 13
eq_couch_noflash_blur_300.gif

This is actually a telephone headset stand that used to be available at Radio Shack. They no longer carry it, which is too bad. I think it sold for about $4.00 or something like that.

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 13
The pictures look like modified microphone stands to me. If you are a DIYer, get the table top version and install an extension boom arm. Mars Music store carries them and you may get more ideas if you visit the store.

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 13
Thanks for the help everyone! I decided on the glass head. It's so strange and interesting looking, I had to get it. It can also hold hats, sunglasses
cool.gif
etc. Go crazy!
biggrin.gif

btw you were right markl, it's very heavy indeed.

Jun 30, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 13
He he he...

I take it you tested all the glass heads at your local pier 1. I hope the evil stares didn't hold you back.... The Glass Head is strange but worth the ridicule...
tongue.gif

markl

Jul 6, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
eq_couch_noflash_blur_300.gif

This is actually a telephone headset stand that used to be available at Radio Shack. They no longer carry it, which is too bad. I think it sold for about $4.00 or something like that.

Actually, if anybody is still reading this, Radioshack still carries them. (I don't know about online), but at my local ratshack, there are still a couple. I bought one a month ago or so for $1.40

Hhee.....pretty good deal if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by jodokast

Actually, if anybody is still reading this, Radioshack still carries them. (I don't know about online), but at my local ratshack, there are still a couple. I bought one a month ago or so for $1.40

There were a few at my local Rat Shack this weekend they were clearing out at $0.47 ea. They're not there anymore.
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 13
Just found two at a local Radio Shack for $0.47 each, also. They were the last two at this store. Other stores around here did not have them, but they are out there, so keep looking if you want one!

Jul 13, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 13
That second picture is a pic of a guitar stand made by Ultimate. I have the same model that I use to hold, well, a guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back