Headphone stand Fi
Jul 31, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 27
A custom built one for the K1000. Absolutely love it!
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 27
I have a Stax HPS-2 stand as well, in addition to the one posted above.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 27
Mar 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #13 of 27
Having owned many items made by Ikea, I disagree.
Most Ikea items are made of composite wood products.
This stand is made of solid wood, looks like oak as per the product description.
The main post is glued into the base, the rest of the construction is countersunk wood screws - Ikea uses camlocks pretty much exclusively.
It isn't fancy. But it is attractive, solid, and functional.
It is not meant to compare to a $100 wood stand.

But if you know of another ~ $30 retail wood stand that is better, please post it so we can take a look at it.
This is an excellent product for a reasonable cost, and it is made domestically which is something I care about.
And I did some more checking and the vendor is not unknown here at Head-Fi, their amplifiers are well-regarded:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/494832/review-fournier-hta-1-hybrid-tube-amp-excellent-budget-amp

Quote:
Looks like a literal Ikea hack . . .

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 27
Explain the purpose of the knob and drawer handle.  Till then, I still say it looks like furniture got hacked up and used to make a stand.  It's really that simple, cost and where it's made is really irrelevant to my point.

Quote:
Having owned many items made by Ikea, I disagree.
Most Ikea items are made of composite wood products.
This stand is made of solid wood, looks like oak as per the product description.
The main post is glued into the base, the rest of the construction is countersunk wood screws - Ikea uses camlocks pretty much exclusively.
It isn't fancy. But it is attractive, solid, and functional.
It is not meant to compare to a $100 wood stand.

But if you know of another ~ $30 retail wood stand that is better, please post it so we can take a look at it.
This is an excellent product for a reasonable cost, and it is made domestically which is something I care about.
And I did some more checking and the vendor is not unknown here at Head-Fi, their amplifiers are well-regarded:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/494832/review-fournier-hta-1-hybrid-tube-amp-excellent-budget-amp

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #15 of 27
Very nice! The Cardboard is genious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back