Headphone spares?
Mar 12, 2006 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

padi89

100+ Head-Fier
Today the padding on my HD485s started to peel off pretty bad(its very poor adhesive IMO),so i decided to take the whole thing off to repair it with some double sided padding tape which worked excellent,its now miles better than when i first got them.
Anyway while i had the headband padding off the senns i decided id try it on my SR80s and the difference it made in comfort for me was incredible.I was finding the bowls pretty uncomforable but with the headband padded it took alot of the pressure off my ears and made them extremly comfortable to wear.
I would love to know if its possible to purchase a Hd485 headband pad or even something that would be along the lines.Anyone know of any online stores that might sell some?
Thanks in advance.

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Ya i just checked up their site,im in Ireland so i would have to order from their UK.The price though is crazy £32.25($55) delivered to Ireland, the postage cost alone is £18($31),bloody rip off merchants.
I wonder would the Senn HD580 headband padding work?I saw it in a site i was looking at.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 9
you could go to a store which sell beyerdynamic, the shipping costs should be lower cause they could just send it with a batch of headphones. Don't know for sure though

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 9
No luck with either as there is no store near me that sells beyer and thomann dont have them either.I may end up just splashing out in the end on the beyer site , i suppose its a headband padding that i sholud have for a long time as i always have a set of grados.I think im just trying to justify getting ripped off.......
confused.gif

Thanks anyway.

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 9
Sennheisser has different pads for the headband........go look on their site. I got a pad for mine. I think its the same one the HD600 uses. Its actually too much padding,but its comfy. Uses up some of the extra rods length also. I used to have the rods all the way down,and now theyre 75% or so up.
Also get some of those yellow ear pads for the HD414 and put them on your Grados and cut a bottle cap size hole in them to let out some sound. I like the sound with those pads better than the ones that came with them. (Just in case you havent tried that yet. Might as well take advantage of shipping cost and order them together i guess.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back