headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #841 of 855

A little, though I swear the cable reliefs were longer.  What are they?  V-Moda?

Quote:
did they look like these ?
ksc75smile.gif

These used to make me look like frankenstein.

Feb 28, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #842 of 855
You know, I've just checked through Joker's multi-IEM thread, and I think they could have been Brainwavz.  That's pretty rare for New Zealand!

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #843 of 855
RE-ZEROs with the large Biflange tip with a flange cut off.

Quote:
A little, though I swear the cable reliefs were longer.  What are they?  V-Moda?

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #844 of 855
Saw some ESW9's on the train the other day, and some B&O A8's a few days before that which was interesting considering I usually only see people using the standard iPod earbuds or low-level Sennheiser's.  

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #845 of 855
In the german nightclub scene in the movie "the unknown" the DJ is wearing a pair of HD25 1-ii's and obviously rocking out 
beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #847 of 855
0.jpg

random image that came up while I was surfing on the web...is that a...dt770 80ohm pro?

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #848 of 855
I spotted a pretty hot chick on the J Train @Marcy Ave w/a set of Grados,...she looked quite happy.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #849 of 855
Just finished college tour with daughter, saw over 25 colleges.  Conclusion - 70% generic white ear buds, 15% skullcandy, 10% Beats, 5% other (Grado, etc).  More often than not, 5% Grado and other worn by profs and graduate students.

One one hand, fact that 85% are using cheap earbuds/headphones (yes, I include skullcandy here) is not a good sign for the headphone preferences of USA youth.  (In fact, some of you might be familiar with annual study done by Stanford prof. with incoming freshmen.  He plays very low quality music and very high quality and measures preferences.  As high schoolers become used to low quality MP3s, percentage of incoming fresh PREFERRING that sound increases each year).  

On other hand, fact that about 10% of students are spending $150-300 for Beats means that young people are willing to pay more for headphones which produce good sound.  We can all quibble with whether Beats are best choice for that price, but I see this group as future buyers of Grado, Senn, Denon, etc.   Marketing pays, and Beats and Skullcandy are the headphone brands that market today.

May 1, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #850 of 855
Lots of beats by Dre, Ibuds going as loud as they can get, low end Sony's and skullcandies. That's really all I see people wear nowadays. I have convinced my basshead friends to buy the Beyer DT770 though, never actually seen him wear it... Seriously I agree that spending for headphones has increased greatly with the beats, all we need now is a good marketing plan for quality headphones.

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #851 of 855
I saw one Sennheiser HD 180 and Bose AE in you tube video of indian music....Not sure if the musician is wearing Sony's ? ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSjP7eyWRs&feature=share

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #852 of 855

Quote:
Lots of beats by Dre, Ibuds going as loud as they can get, low end Sony's and skullcandies. That's really all I see people wear nowadays. I have convinced my basshead friends to buy the Beyer DT770 though, never actually seen him wear it... Seriously I agree that spending for headphones has increased greatly with the beats, all we need now is a good marketing plan for quality headphones.

nah we don't. i enjoy having the best headphones around.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #853 of 855
Yeah, Im guilty of driving down the road in a car with a perfectly good stereo.... Listening to K240s and burning 9v batteries in my 18v CMoy. 
So, if youre in N. GA or W. NC and you see a guy with K240s in a red Chevy truck or a yellow vintage Mercedes, thats me! 

Anywho, I really havent seen anyone with good 'phones around here. Just a lot of Skullcandys and crap buds. Such bad taste. Is it a coincidence that they all listen to rap and lousy metal too? 

Alan Parsons + K240s = perfect. 

Jun 12, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #854 of 855

Quote:
Yeah, Im guilty of driving down the road in a car with a perfectly good stereo.... Listening to K240s and burning 9v batteries in my 18v CMoy. 
So, if youre in N. GA or W. NC and you see a guy with K240s in a red Chevy truck or a yellow vintage Mercedes, thats me! 

Anywho, I really havent seen anyone with good 'phones around here. Just a lot of Skullcandys and crap buds. Such bad taste. Is it a coincidence that they all listen to rap and lousy metal too? 

Alan Parsons + K240s = perfect. 

i hope by lousy metal you mean metalcore and nu metal. because metal is not lousy. badly recorded yes but not lousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back