headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #361 of 855
ok... I've seen some crazy headphones lately

1. some guy wearing these cool looking see-through headphones with silver discs on them walked past me the other day... anyone have any idea what they were? I didnt catch the brand or model number since I didnt really want him to catch me looking.

2. I saw a girl on the subway wearing portapros, nice taste!
smily_headphones1.gif

3. this may have been a hallucination, but I saw someone wearing aluminum grados that looked like HP1000's, but they were probably just MS2's... which is still huge to see on the subway!

I'm just waiting for someone in TO to see me in my 271's, lol... but thats just complete vanity
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #362 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Taurui
I want my identity back
frown.gif

Okay, you are a geek again. Happy? I know I am.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #363 of 855
Haha this thread's funny, it's like bike commuting, usually I don't see anyone giving a damn about people who ride junk bikes, no helmet, nothing. But if you have a bike from a relatively good company and a helmet on (for some reason this means that you're a regular commuter as opposed to someone just going out for a joy ride, don't ask me why), I notice that when I'm at the light or just going along with other people, we're eye'ing each other out trying to figure out the make of bike, the components, the shoes, helmet, kind of lights we have, etc.

I'd drop dead laughing if one of you starts coming on to someone with RS1's and it turns out they got it as a present from a really and they're like, "get off me, pervert!"

I spotted a guy a few weeks ago at the times square station with akg 240s's, I had my px200's.

If you ever spot a short girl on the subway or at columbia university with dark curly hair and E2's or a chinese guy with E3's and a zen xtra, that's us!

Mar 8, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #364 of 855
I remember the other day I was walking to class with my iMP-350 and PX200s. I saw this smoking hot girl walking to class in these ridiculously tight jeans, and just barely squeezed into her back pocket was an iPod. I couldn't decide if I was more jealous of the girl or the iPod
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #366 of 855
crud!
eek.gif
redface.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 8, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #367 of 855
I recently saw a guy at Grand Central Terminal North with the new Bose Quiet Comfort 2s. I was looking a bit smug when he eyed my PX200. If you only knew, dude!
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #368 of 855
Seems a lot of people see people with headphones at Grand Central 42nd street.
That's where I saw my first Grado's on a guy.

Mar 8, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #369 of 855
And if you see me there, you might catch me wearing D66, E2, PX200, PortaPros or even KSC-35 headphones.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #370 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by BlindTiger
Seems a lot of people see people with headphones at Grand Central 42nd street.
That's where I saw my first Grado's on a guy.

Your first grados were on another man? I'd be highly suspicious if I were you
tongue.gif

One bad thing about CNet doing reviews of headphones is that Jane Q. Shopper with her cute lil iPod only has it because it's the "fashionable" thing to buy cause the orange aluminum matches her thong. When you have magazines like playboy and cnet or whatnot reviewing shure's and ety's, suddenly, they become more "fashionable" and you'll probably have people walking around with ety's and shure's fitted the wrong way, wearing em while roller blading and *driving*. I don't know what's scarier then, personally I'd rather head-fi'ers have the privilage of owning and actually being able to distinguish good headphones rather than have way too many of them unappreciated out there.

Plus, as a product gets more popular, increased batch sizes and shorter run times between models means less quality and support.

Mar 8, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #371 of 855
I'll agree with ArcTeryx, once these things start going into fashion, things tend to go out of proportion production wise, and you get crap. Like look at modern day vinyl as opposed to the cheap stuff on the 70s.

If the iPod did go in fashion though, that means two things: it will go out of fashion, and it will go in fashion 20 years later. Vintage iPods anyone? LOL
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #372 of 855
hmmm, I don't think it was you ARc , this was over 12 yrs ago maybe more.
I said to myself, wow, those are the Grados. They didn't look really weird to me. I then went to Stereo Exchange on broadway and bought my first SR60 then a SR80.
If I do see you, what's our secret handshake?
OT, during the meets someone should make head-fi name tags.

Mar 8, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #373 of 855
Oddest thing I see is someone wearing one of the Bose phones while walking between classes. At home or in the dorm, they'd look fine, but it's like having mini-cups on each ear when you're walking
evil_smiley.gif

I have the most expensive stuff that I know of here. Mostly streetstyles, etc, like usual. One roommate did by Koss' The Plug, though (probably for isolation against the rap another roommate blasts).

Personally...I went with a K271 instead
wink.gif
Just wish i'd come!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #374 of 855
Do you guys ever feel like some sort of headphone pervert when you are caught staring at other people's headphones to see the model? At school lately in the hallway when I spot anything that does suck (which is rare) I have to slyly try to cop a look without them noticing. I try to play it off like I was looking at something else if they notice
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back