headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #316 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by cellophane
Everyone in Hawaii uses buds . . . closed cans are pretty hot in the sun. I think it is Sony's advertising "ultimate bass with titanium duofold engineered drivers" that makes people buy those w.ears and such. I myself thought my 8.99 Panasonic buds were unusual, as they were yellow, and expensive, as compared to $5 ones, which is what most people pay for buds here.
rolleyes.gif

I have a pair of e3's, but I can't use them in public as people
cannot believe how expensive they are when they ask
can't tell the difference between the sound and their sony's
think it looks stupid putting them on
think the e3's looks stupid itself (I admit it does stick out a little . . .)

They think their clip on sony's are the ultimate phone.

So now, I use my px200's as a socially acceptable phone which I think looks pretty cool but someone recently informed me they look strange.

I normally carry an extra pair of phones for my friends when they wanna listen to music either mx300's (free) or koss 50's ($11). No one ever comments on the quality of the sound, when I ask doe it sound good (say for px200's) they look surprised and reply, uh, yeah?

hey, i wear the KSC50's and am in hawaii also. i plan to pick up a pair of Grado SR-60's which will be my new portable cans to commute via the Bus from UH Manoa to Aiea everyday. i might get the PX200's or Sony V6's for a cheap closed setup soon.

everyone i know uses the Sony Streetstyle headphones. what's wrong with wearing the E3's? ear buds generally don't fit my ear good and i don't want to take the $100+ risk in buying canal ear phones which might not fit that great.

edit: why do you care what your friends think of your phones? i buy phones to suit my needs, not my friends.

Feb 9, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #317 of 855
Who cares What other people think...I walk around UCF campus with my Beyers. Yeah people notice, but sure. Ignorance is BLISS, they can think whatever they want, just so long as I can have the asstacular bass of my Beyers pounding a brain battering beat.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #319 of 855
I just saw someone get on the college subway stop here in TO wearing a pair of blue audio technicas [A900's maybe?]...

Feb 9, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #321 of 855
lol... yeah, the other day I saw someone with interesting looking Sony's... I though they might be F1's and was trying to get a closer look at the earpiece and I think he thought I was hitting on him or something...

on a funny note, I saw some loser that was all proud of his technics headphones checking himself out in the window of the subway... it was so funny, I almost whipped out my akg k271 studio's to put the guy in his place... but I kept it in my pants so to speak and just laughed inside
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #323 of 855
I would be glad to wear my e3's in it's full glory, but when my friends see it it leads to questions, inevitably about money, which is a subject I (and they) would rather not get into. If you advertise that you have enough money to get a pair of #150 earphones, you're gonna get them jacked.

I'll be looking for the person with the funky ol' Grados!

Feb 11, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #325 of 855
I saw someone on the bus the other day wearing SR-60s, thats about it... I used to wear HD497s around but I switched to my PX200s cause of all the wierd looks I was getting
rolleyes.gif

Feb 11, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #326 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Porksoda
I saw someone on the bus the other day wearing SR-60s, thats about it... I used to wear HD497s around but I switched to my PX200s cause of all the wierd looks I was getting
rolleyes.gif

Coward... I am just kidding
wink.gif
. I used to get those looks all the time, even when I lived in New York, where Grados are sort of common. Once some Latino ladies in the subway where talking to each other about the weird looking guy with the big headphones (me), wondering if I was on drugs, a pervert or something worse. After giving them a piece of mi mind I went back to my Nova-16 verticals, leaving the SR-60s for office use. I guess sometimes you have to give in to peer pressure.

Feb 11, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #327 of 855
If anything, grados are pretty cool looking headphones; they've got a nice retro look. Are you sure it was the headphones they thought looked wierd?
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #328 of 855
I see crap everywhere too. What I don't understand is on a cold day why people wear a knit or wool hat, and then their headphones OVER it. What must that sound like? What's so hard about putting the wool hat OVER the headphones? Makes no sense!!!

Feb 11, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #329 of 855
Not long ago I noticed on TV a video of Alicia Keys, she had Grado headphones on her head while walking next to a little boy. I think it's in the video for "Woman's worth", but not totally sure.

Contrary to that, seen some of those programs with celebrities showing their houses, some of those musicians and rock stars have pretty average or mass market audio systems in their multi million $$$$$ houses, quite disappointing.

Feb 11, 2004 at 10:12 AM Post #330 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Porksoda
If anything, grados are pretty cool looking headphones; they've got a nice retro look. Are you sure it was the headphones they thought looked wierd?
tongue.gif

That, or the skinhead Mexican guy with a long leather coat and black nails..... No, it was probably the cans
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back