headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #421 of 855
Other than the first 5 commercial, the only other good headphones i've seen people wear are the HD590's... and only because i told him to get them. Other than that, i'm the only one who walks around with good headphones. Everyone else from my highschool wore a lot of sony crud. i don't mean the stock headphones, i mean they went out and spent $20-30 on a good set of terrible sony headphones. Other than that, i think i saw one ksc-50. i tried a doubletake, but he was out of my view, and i never saw those phones again.

as for just out on the street, well, i didn't notice anything at all... mostly because no one really wears headphones here.

I asked my friend a while back about what he sees at his school, and he mentioned that he knew a few audio"junkies" (enthusiasts would describe them well, but they spent tons on sony junk). one had a v700, i believe, and another had $200+ studio phones from sony, of course. my friend auditioned them, and he was complaining over and over how he only heard bass. hehe.

But i guess one of the reasons is that headphones aren't very prolific in my area in general. As for spotting high end headphones in stores, the only ones i spotted were senns from a store i will dub "c.s.". they used to carry grados, but they don't anymore. the only other outlet i can find in my area that carried grados were about 15-20 miles away. I tried calling around some more, and i couldn't find anyone with Ety's, beyers, akg's, and not even any sony cdxxxx's. It's weird...

Jul 12, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #422 of 855
Hmm... I've seen a few sets of PortaPros, and one of my roommates bought some SR60's after I recommended them to him. Other than that, not much. I've seen a pair or two of AKG's around, too, but that's about it.

My girlfriend just got an iPod mini... and really likes the iPod headphones. I spent the last two or three days trying to decide on a new pair of headphones (and now have some ATH-EW9's on the way. I'll post about 'em when they get here), and she just didn't get it. She said something along the lines of "they're just headphones, pick a pair and buy them." Ouch. The fact that the iPod headphones are some of the worst stock earbuds there are only makes it worse.

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #424 of 855
Just curious as to where you ordered the EW9's from. I've been lusting after those for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. I'd be interested to hear your impressions of them.

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #425 of 855
I ordered my ATH-EW9's from hardware123.com. They were a bit more expensive than from audio-technica singapore, but the shipping was cheaper and the hardware123.com people were a lot quicker/more willing to answer emails. They should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll post after I've tried 'em for a bit.

Jul 13, 2004 at 11:20 AM Post #426 of 855
the other day I needed to go to this art thing with a girl I know and I knew I was going to be there for hours on end bored out of my mind, so I grabbed the following....

game boy advance sp
sony ej915 pcdp
grado ra-1
grado ps-1

hahahahaha, I firgured if I am going with any of my grados I am going for the bling factor. a few people came up and asked me what they where and where they can get some and how much they cost, I just said go to ttvj.com look up the grado ps-1...I am sure if they did they were in for a surpise.

I wish I had a sr-71, you know I might just buy one of those to

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #427 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
the other day I needed to go to this art thing with a girl I know and I knew I was going to be there for hours on end bored out of my mind, so I grabbed the following....

game boy advance sp
sony ej915 pcdp
grado ra-1
grado ps-1

hahahahaha, I firgured if I am going with any of my grados I am going for the bling factor. a few people came up and asked me what they where and where they can get some and how much they cost, I just said go to ttvj.com look up the grado ps-1...I am sure if they did they were in for a surpise.

I wish I had a sr-71, you know I might just buy one of those to

Heh... Grado PS-1's for a GBA SP. Don't get me wrong, I love my SP... but hahaha.

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #429 of 855
I spotted SR60 at a CompUSA once. The guy was using a sony sports discman. He was returning something that had to do with an iPod. I recommended a iHP-100 series player
biggrin.gif

I also told him to come to head-fi. He said he had SR-125s at home. His name was Brian, I think. Cool guy.

Other than that, i've only seen Koss PortaPro twice.

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #430 of 855
At my school all I see are stock crap and Sony Style™ 'phones cranked up so loud that you can them clearly from the other side of the room. When I brought my PortaPros to school on the last day one of my friends asked why I had such ugly headphones on. I told them that they sounded good and they said "why should that matter?" If it haden't been the last day I would've asked them to bring in their favorite CD and listen to it with the PortaPros.

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #431 of 855
I saw this girl wearing Grado SR80s this afternoon. I couldn't stop to chat because I was waiting for my friend and she was talking to some dude.

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #432 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I saw this girl wearing Grado SR80s this afternoon

interesting how many grado sightings there are in the general public...
maybe it's the whole retro thing?

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #433 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I saw this girl wearing Grado SR80s this afternoon... she was talking to some dude.

"Excuse me, but I just noticed your cans. Can I take a closer look?"
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #434 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I saw this girl wearing Grado SR80s this afternoon. I couldn't stop to chat because I was waiting for my friend and she was talking to some dude.

how can you pass that up?

its like the $62 million dollar lotto ticket.

omg I would of licked her shoes! im serious....really

when she asked me why am i licking her shoes just say "baby you have grados, and you also have me"

whats that dude got on you? nothing he aint got no headfi experience...you the man!

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #435 of 855
I saw two different people wearing portapros today... one of them looked at me like I was breakfast when they saw my akg k271 studios on my head
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back