1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. erikzen Contributor
    Quote:

Originally posted by uosux
    Do you guys ever feel like some sort of headphone pervert when you are caught staring at other people's headphones to see the model? At school lately in the hallway when I spot anything that does suck (which is rare) I have to slyly try to cop a look without them noticing. I try to play it off like I was looking at something else if they notice [​IMG]

Yeah it's kind of wierd, especially when it's on a NYC subway. The unwritten rule on the subway is never look at anyone else.

2. ArcTeryx
    If I ever catch any one of you eye'ing my E3's, I'm gonna cut you!

3. JeffL
    That's why I am buying my own pair tomorrow [​IMG]

4. bangraman Contributor
    I saw an absolutely beautiful girl wearing a pair of V700DJ's and they looked so right on her.

However I was just as amazed that she was wearing them with no extension on the headband. In fact just spotting people on the train with headphones I have/have had, I grow ever more depressed at how enormous my head is.

5. uosux
    Quote:

I grow ever more depressed at how enormous my head is.

So I'm not the only one! I feel your pain, my skull is pretty huge.

6. NightRaven
    Quote:

Originally posted by uosux
    So I'm not the only one! I feel your pain, my skull is pretty huge.

Ditto.

I don't really see any decent headphones around. My school has too many people who say things like "the bass on these headphones is r0x0r cuz they put subwoofers in them" and compare earphones more on comfort and aesthetics than sound quality, or worse yet, price i.e. "these sony earphones must be good cause I paid 30 bucks for them."

7. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    The worst thing about sightings here is that I see people wearing the left bud on the right as often as I see it on the left. People here don't know the most basic things about headphones [​IMG]

OTOH, the two times I went to Fortress buy mp3 players (first the Sony D-CJ01 then the Nomad Zen NX) the store clerks (in two different shops) serving me seemed to know about the etys I was using to audition! [​IMG] Or they might just be pretending they know to please me [​IMG]

edit: Just noticed that the ety smilie has got its L/R plugs the wrong way around right there! Who made the smilie? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. sleepkyng
    haha, sidenote, my girlfriend called and doesn't like the (as she calls it) really bleachy, light sounds out of the sr60's.

i was confused at first but then figured out she was complaining about brightness. she's turned into a regular headfier (but she's too "cool" for internet forums) and now she wants a better cd player. [​IMG] there goes more money!

does it count if you buy someone headphones and then see them wearing them?[​IMG]

9. rextrade
    Quote:

Originally posted by bong
    this evening about a quarter to seven i saw a fellow board the A train at 14th Street heading towards Brooklyn wearing a pair of Etymotic ER4, dunno if it was P or S. anyway, i NEVER see anyone wear Etys on the NYC Subway. i'm the only person i know that has etys and when i either use my ER6 or ER4P, no one ever notices...

I ride the 4,5,6 with my etys everyday (now the e5s, for a couple of weeks to see if want to keep them). I've never seen a pair of etys on anyone, ever.

10. ArcTeryx
    Quote:

Originally posted by bong
    i'm the only person i know that has etys and when i either use my ER6 or ER4P, no one ever notices...

Then the ety's are doing their job of being discrete [​IMG]
    Hehehe.

I saw someone with the original gameboy headphones 2 days ago, I thought that was pretty cool. I've got fond memories of my first gameboy...

11. shaggy me
    There a couple of V5s and V600s at my school
    I've also seen k141 and senn unicasted phones (not sure which model)

12. rsaavedra
    Today I went to a local choir event and there was a large mixer in the middle of the church. I spotted some headphones from afar and wanted to get close to see which ones they were, was surprised to find out the AKG K240, pretty good I thought. I had never seen those in person, couldn't resist asking the guy to let me take a pic of the headphones on the mixer, he seemed very pleased and flattered and stood up giving me all the room I needed saying "Oh certainly, please go ahead...", I took it quickly and without flash though, is not the sharpest pic but anyway:

[​IMG]

13. Zuerst
    I saw a lot of EX71s around my campus, some V6, a Sennheiser HD 497, a Grado SR60? 80? 125? 225? They'll look the same from a distance to me... [​IMG] Also saw a Bose Triport the other day... Saw a guy with the Audio-Technica A900 and EM9r a few weeks ago... oh wait that's me... [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. refault
    I saw a couple of people with a pair of KSC-50's and Sennheiser HD-580's recently.

15. fappar
    people either headphones like these or they spend lots of money at some stupid store for really lame koss headphones or something

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last