Headphone Sightings in TV and Movies
Jan 2, 2004 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Post em here. Whether they are modified as props, or as actual headphones being used.

- Koss Porta Pros- Used as weird headset in Earth: Final Conflict.

- Bang & Olufsen Earphones- Used as a wireless phone in Minority Report, one was used with the cord cut off.

Jan 2, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Alicia Keys had Grados (SR-60s?) in her "Fallin'" video last year or so. It's the only time I've seen a decent piece of audio equipment assocaited with a musician on television.

Jan 2, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 9
neat, i've been meaning to start a thread on this.. but i like to liven it up a little bit with some screenshots!

first, a not so original one. neo in the matrix wears some crappy panasonic headphones (thanks for melchior for the screenshot):
matrix.jpg

earlier this year, i was rewatching the early seasons of the sopranos and found this scene quite amusing. the best part is, as anthony jr. walks into the room, you can hear music very lightly in the background.. so any grado fan knows positively what kind of headphones these are (sr60 or sr80):

sopranos01.jpg

sopranos02.jpg

sorry if those shots are a little dark, i never tweaked them for easier viewing.

Jan 2, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 9
BTW, if you do a search, there have been at least three or four other threads like this over the past couple years
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Bumping this thread, I think it's better than starting a new one.

There is this sort of "American Idol" for kids over here; I just laughed out loud: the musicians are all wearing HD25s, except for the trombonist, he was wearing PortaPros. Poor guy, I guess he got the spares 
laugh.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
"Frasier"

Kelsey Grammer often wear a pair of Sony MDR-7506 or V6 while he's "on air" at the radio station. Except he always wears them backwards with cord on his right side.

Some people, my wife for instance, put the cord side to the good ear.

The ultimate, or at least funniest, scene in a movie with headphones is in "The Fifth Element."  Zorg's go-fer, is listening in on the President with an A/V-equipped roach.  The President whacks the roach, and the go-fer throws up his hands and screams as the 'phones fly off his head.  Priceless!  I could be tempted to use it as an avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back