Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #8,702 of 12,415
Hey, the old Sony XB line is nothing to scoff at. They're really great basshead cans, and they're certainly better than any of the Beats. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #8,703 of 12,415
Since I've started to become familiar with nicer headphones, I've only seen two people with decent headphones:  my two best friends both picked up pairs of ATH-M50's. 

Other than that, I see primarily ibuds with some skullcandy, beats, and $20 Sony headphones.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #8,704 of 12,415
Quote:
trust me, you don't want to hear them. I've never heard the MDRZX100 though, are they also pretty bad?

They're essentially the updated version of the V150.
We all know how bad those are, regardless if we've heard them or not.

What I can say about the ZX100 is this:
Rolled off bass
Rolled off highs
Foggy midrange
Very little isolation
Horrid build quality

For the same price ($13-20), one can get a Koss UR20, which I previously owned. It completely blew the ZX100 out of the competition.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #8,707 of 12,415
Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I have only been to an apple store once and my sister was all excited (LOOK AT ALL THE IPADS AND STUFF) so to keep her happy we went there and I tried out some of the headphones. I had a look and there were the usual (Beats, Bose, apple) but I had a look at the B&W P5, Parrot Zik, Senn Momentums and the Bose QC15. I must say, the QC15 are well deserving of the "Best noise cancelling" label but when there was no music, like with most ANC headphones, it felt like you were in a plane taking off. The sound was pretty good IMO but I asked if I could use my own source and the Lady there said yes but on all but one, the cord was too tight to unplug so I had to listen to the music on the iPods there. The P5s were next and they were pretty comfortable and good looking but like most people say here, they lean towards looks rather than sound but they were OK. The Parrot Zik pair was disappointing. They cost a fortune and they sounded pretty bad when I had the price tag in mind. I think most of the DSP settings and such were disabled as they were plugged in directly and some comment about how the sound turns to crap under those circumstances but the features they have are really cool. The Sennheiser momentums were the best sounding headphones there. The highs were like crystal and the bass was there and didn't over-power anything else. I tried the beats for a second and like every other time I've worn them, I took them off within 30 seconds
biggrin.gif

In the same shopping center I saw a girl wearing some sennheiser 439s and that made my day. (There were so many people wearing beats it wasn't funny)

So those were my sightings for the day

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #8,708 of 12,415
I went to my engineering teacher to see if he could fix my cmoy. He accidentally pulled out my battery connector, so he resoldered it, and then it worked. Makes 0 sense. Anyways, to test the amp, he put on some Audio Technica's. Was cool

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #8,713 of 12,415
Quote:
I saw a Koss Portapro on campus, but it was red! Actually looked pretty sweet.

The Red Porta Pro? It's only available in Europe.. 
frown.gif

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back