Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #6,781 of 12,415
Some of the new Sony noise cancelling, a pair of Sennheiser pro 280s, and some bright translucent red custom IEMS, I couldn't tell what maker. I was rocking my DT1350s... 

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #6,782 of 12,415
Well they weren't on anyone's head, but I saw a display of Beats by Dre Studio headphones at a nearby Nordstrom store next to the men's shoe department. They had a pair sitting in plain sight on a "model head".

All I could think was: "..........seriously? *facepalm* "

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #6,783 of 12,415
Quote:
Well they weren't on anyone's head, but I saw a display of Beats by Dre Studio headphones at a nearby Nordstrom store next to the men's shoe department. They had a pair sitting in plain sight on a "model head".

All I could think was: "..........seriously? *facepalm* "

Well... free headphones are free headphones.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #6,786 of 12,415
Not much of a poster, but here goes:

Today my clinical anatomy group (it's a program at Stanford) went over to the robotics lab to test out things like haptic technology. I wasn't expecting it, but one of the guys working there had a nice little rig set up at his desk
biggrin.gif

He had the Sennheiser HD650s (I knew it was the HD6xx, but not the exact model) and the AKG K701s. Underneath his monitor was a full-sized amp (unable to identify). It was pretty incredible seeing them up close! I wish I could've tried them out instead of the haptic tech (...just kidding. that was some incredible stuff too). Other people in the room also used headphones but I couldn't identify them -- none of them seemed to be popular cans at Head-Fi, at least.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #6,788 of 12,415
Quote:
Did some college touring and of course saw a few headphones. At Boston University, I saw a DT770, V6, and I swear I saw someone wearing an HM5/whatever the other names are. And a pair of Solos. At Cornell, some older style Grados and a K240. 

do you study at Cornell?
if so, that might've been me walking around with k240s

I've seen plenty of bose in ears, triports, beats, and stuff along those lines
also seen some xbs and p5s a few times
nothing much worth mentioning besides the one who introduced me to headfi and those I've influenced 
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #6,789 of 12,415
at my school, theres the normal sight of your everyday overhyped Beats.

i have seen some Bose Hphones, which some people actually thought that was HiFi audiophile, my guess that they are the QuietComforts.
my Friend's Skateboarder friend owns a pair of Klipsch Image One's
I think i have seen a Kipsch Mode M40 one time.

theres this Senior or Junior that walks by migrating to lunch wearing i think a V-Moda Crossfade, may or may not be a M80.

I also didnt forget the usual sight of Skullcandy hp's and earphones around school. in particular its SC Skullcrushers, SC Hesh's

suprising yes, im the only one in school that walks around with Koss Portapros.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #6,790 of 12,415
Quote:
do you study at Cornell?
if so, that might've been me walking around with k240s

I've seen plenty of bose in ears, triports, beats, and stuff along those lines
also seen some xbs and p5s a few times
nothing much worth mentioning besides the one who introduced me to headfi and those I've influenced 
biggrin.gif

I visited a few weeks ago. I'm a senior in high school this year so I'm trying to decide on a college. So far Cornell and Boston University are my top picks!

I also saw a few P5's around town. It's a weird headphone to be popular, but I guess they're better than Beats.

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #6,791 of 12,415
I went to anime expo on sunday(day 3) and I saw a guy walking around with LCD-2s on. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it and went up to him to see if they were. I mean you hear stories about people using hd800s on a train and you think it would never happen to you.

Other than that I saw 3 ATH-ESW9s, 2 v-moda crossfades, 1 v-moda m80, a bunch of sony and jvc headphones.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #6,792 of 12,415
Despite me living in the middle of the Christian hills of texas, most of the little jerks at school wear beats, and those hunks of plastic are more numerous than ibuds here.
I have yet to see anything more interesting than some dunces wearing turtle beaches to school, and even that gets old.
By interesting I mean hilarious

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #6,793 of 12,415
Girl on the blue line today, wearing Phillips Fidelio L1. Good looking girl too. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #6,794 of 12,415
Quote:
I went to anime expo on sunday(day 3) and I saw a guy walking around with LCD-2s on. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it and went up to him to see if they were. I mean you hear stories about people using hd800s on a train and you think it would never happen to you.

Other than that I saw 3 ATH-ESW9s, 2 v-moda crossfades, 1 v-moda m80, a bunch of sony and jvc headphones.

I saw the lcd-2 guy too, there was also a guy with denon d7000's.

crazy folks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back