Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 11, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #6,586 of 12,415

read the first sentence and I thought you had superman's eyes 
biggrin.gif
 I couldn't tell the difference between any customs because well they are customs 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Saw some asian tourist with JH16 in the metro this morning in montreal. I know this because I asked what customs they were exactly lol!
They sure looked cool... I may be wanting one myself now :/

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #6,587 of 12,415
read the first sentence and I thought you had superman's eyes 
biggrin.gif
 I couldn't tell the difference between any customs because well they are customs 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Saw some asian tourist with JH16 in the metro this morning in montreal. I know this because I asked what customs they were exactly lol!
They sure looked cool... I may be wanting one myself now :/

IKR? Don't they all look the same o.o
And it seems there are a lot of montrealers sharing stories here on this thread xP
I wonder if we've seen each other but just didn't know it.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #6,590 of 12,415

Quote:
Only decent sighting at my new high school is a Bose AE2, and I've never seen the person who has it actually plug the cable into the headphones. 

Gotta love the "headphones as fashion accessories" phenomenon... Half the time when you see people wearing Beats, they're not plugged in either. They're like $300 oversized necklaces. I have my fingers crossed that they'll go the way of spinning rims for your car and shoes that you pump, that light up, etc.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #6,591 of 12,415
Hey, light up sneakers were awesome. I had some Jurassic Park ones when I was a kid and they were badass.

Quote:
Gotta love the "headphones as fashion accessories" phenomenon... Half the time when you see people wearing Beats, they're not plugged in either. They're like $300 oversized necklaces. I have my fingers crossed that they'll go the way of spinning rims for your car and shoes that you pump, that light up, etc.

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #6,592 of 12,415

Quote:
And it seems there are a lot of montrealers sharing stories here on this thread xP

If you take the train, I am nearly certain I saw you. At the time I just thought it was some lucky guy with T5ps, but know that I know you have T5ps, are a student, live in montreal and that we possibly spotted the same guy with HD-25s, well it doesn't leave many more options.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #6,594 of 12,415
There is a big difference between "full potential" and "sounds really good with" - there are many that will be a really good pairing (albeit, not going to really compete with the better desktop rigs). Some of the ALO amps (Rx MkII, Continental), or the Ray Samuels SR-71, come to mind, for starters. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #6,596 of 12,415

Quote:

I have never seen or heard an L3 (nor was I able to get a good handle on its specs from their website). Couldn't say. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #6,598 of 12,415
 I saw a guy with Shure 315;s today. It was funny because he was wearing it wrong... He didn't know how to fit his earphones so I decided to be helpful and I showed him how.

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #6,599 of 12,415

Quote:
I don't believe a portable amp that brings out the HD800's full potential doesn't exist.

So which amp is it? 
tongue_smile.gif

Saw a pair of Shure E3c's. Totally forgot those exist.

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #6,600 of 12,415

Quote:

If you take the train, I am nearly certain I saw you. At the time I just thought it was some lucky guy with T5ps, but know that I know you have T5ps, are a student, live in montreal and that we possibly spotted the same guy with HD-25s, well it doesn't leave many more options.

I take the train in the morning monday, wednesday and thursday from beaconsfield to vendome and back from vendome to beaconsfield monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday in the evenings xP
And I saw the guy with the hd25 on the bus to cote vertu (470) and he took the metro to lionel groulx I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back