Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #1,831 of 12,415
I think I saw a pair of porta-pros the other day, but other than that I haven't seen anything decent since being in Boston for the past month.

However, I proselytize everyone in the office, and convinced my boss (who, to be fair, had a pair of SR60s, so wasn't completely ignorant of good sound) to buy some Denon D5000s and now he's going to buy my amp and DAC when I upgrade. I've managed to convince one other co-worker to pick up my exact setup, including amp and DAC, and I think I've got another to get some D2000s, and I'm working on the senior consultant to the campaign (I work in politics).

So far I think I'm doing pretty well at spreading the audiophile word.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #1,832 of 12,415
There's a guy at my school who has a pair of black K518 DJs. Myself, I'm personally not a fan of DJ headphones, but asked to borrow them anyways. After EQing out the obnoxious bass, though, they weren't bad. Of course, I asked him and he listens to hip-hop so they match his tastes better than mine. (That being said, though, the IEMs I use don't suit my tastes at all.) Too bad he runs them off his PSP, though.

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #1,834 of 12,415
I saw a guy with a Tri-Port at a school poker tournament yesterday...for a couple hours...with the Tri-Port around his neck. I was wondering if it was just all for looks.

Otherwise I saw a pair of portapro in the library once as well an assortments of Bose and SkullCandies. Our library lend out HD201s, which besides for the complete lack of bass, are fine headphones at around 30.

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #1,835 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by what /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread needs to be creepier with actual cell phone pics of said people.

I like where you're going!

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #1,838 of 12,415
Saw portapros and SRHxxx headphone at school. Portapros actually look decent in real life

And one of my team mates in sports has a shure SE210. That was a surprise to me, other than him and I, everyone uses crappy iBuds. Gotta ask him some time if I could try it out
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,839 of 12,415
Oh man, I've been looking for this thread!

Last month I saw a dude wearing customs down Broadway. They were rather large and had brushed titanium faceplates. I'm guessing they were either UE or JH, and probably one of the higher-end models.

Then I saw another dude with Ultimate Ears customs at one of my university's gyms a couple of weeks ago. I could tell they were Ultimate Ears because he was wearing a UE shirt. I'm guessing they were the 4 pro or 5c because they were clear (with a clear wire) and looked very tiny.

Finally this week I saw a different dude with a pair of customs in the same gym. Clear cord and clear cable, and I'd guess they were either Westones or Ultimate Ears.

All of these sightings happened after my own JH13 purchase.. but I wasn't wearing them at any of the times because they've been in the lab at those moment.
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #1,841 of 12,415
Oi, haven't updated in a while:

In the past month or so I've seen:
At least a half dozen PX100s
3-4 Grados, some with bowls
An ANC-7 I *think*
1 Silver ES-7 just this week
1 M-Audio Q-40 at a Barnes and noble. There were two guys, one of them seemed to be trying it on, and I guess the other was the real owner, not too sure.
1 pair of HD-555 being worn as a portable today
3-4 people wearing XB500/700s, and I think another 1 or 2 wearing the 300s.
2-3 people wearing MDR-V6s/7506s, including one pretty much being used professionally with a video camera.

Overall, a pretty good spread and frequency of sightings compared to the norm.

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot, an inverse sighting by a friend! Silly guy thought I had the HD25-1s I've been wearing since early-mid September for three years. I corrected him and kinda launched into a conversation with him and another girl in the room doing work(this was at college student government room) about headphones for a while.

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #1,844 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, I've been looking for this thread!

Last month I saw a dude wearing customs down Broadway. They were rather large and had brushed titanium faceplates. I'm guessing they were either UE or JH, and probably one of the higher-end models.

Then I saw another dude with Ultimate Ears customs at one of my university's gyms a couple of weeks ago. I could tell they were Ultimate Ears because he was wearing a UE shirt. I'm guessing they were the 4 pro or 5c because they were clear (with a clear wire) and looked very tiny.

Finally this week I saw a different dude with a pair of customs in the same gym. Clear cord and clear cable, and I'd guess they were either Westones or Ultimate Ears.

All of these sightings happened after my own JH13 purchase.. but I wasn't wearing them at any of the times because they've been in the lab at those moment.
frown.gif

Are you sure they weren't all seniors with hearing aids or members of the secret service?

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #1,845 of 12,415
Dude with HD205s today in downtown.

BTW: Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... 3-4 people wearing XB500/700s, and I think another 1 or 2 wearing the 300s...

Male or female?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back