Headphone Sightings 2
May 29, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #1,471 of 12,415
Went to a Junior Boys concert last Tuesday and I'm pretty sure the drummer was wearing a beyerdynamic DT860. Also, Dave Gahan and Martin Gore from Depeche Mode were wearing either SR60s or SR80s in a Pitchfork.tv clip from some time ago, where they played Come Back.

On the streets, though, it's mostly iBuds and really crappy buds people get with their Samsung or Nokia phones. Sometimes I do see a dude wearing a not too big AKG in public, though. And once I saw a guy with something that looked like a recabled HD2XX-series Sennheiser. I'm always wearing my SE210 in public, but I might just take out my A900Ti sometime for sheer fun.

EDIT: Cool thread, by the way, Never noticed it before. This will have me busy for the coming time. Should be fun, trying to spot good headphones.

May 30, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #1,472 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I look at pictures of the Portapro, and I think "how dorky would someone look wearing them?", yet when I finally saw someone wearing them, I was amazed because they actually looked pretty good.

Haha yeah, I feel that way too. To me it's the opposite of the K701. IMO they look very classy on their stand but when I see them on someones head, they look extremely out of place
confused_face.gif

When I saw a pair of portapros on a fairly attractive girl, her coolness factor just went up by 10
tongue.gif

I'm tempted to get a pair now, just because they are quite affordable haha.

May 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #1,476 of 12,415
Well, whilst travelling in the underground i have seen some people wearing skullcandy, apple ibuds, sennheiser hd280...

But the funniest ones are the ones who wear the ibuds the other way around. Left bud on right ear and vice versa
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #1,477 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, whilst travelling in the underground i have seen some people wearing skullcandy, apple ibuds, sennheiser hd280...

But the funniest ones are the ones who wear the ibuds the other way around. Left bud on right ear and vice versa
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I see people doing that all the time. Don't understand why, though. It says L and R quite clearly on the buds.
confused.gif

May 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #1,478 of 12,415
It's louder backwards.

May 30, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #1,481 of 12,415
Saw someone walking the mall with a pair of Audeo. Then one after another came people wearing some suspicious ugly looking white thing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back