Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #1,366 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by christine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a guy buy a pair of NC6 headphones from one of those Sony vending machines at the airport. A crowd of people stood around him just to watch. Haha.

sony vending machine? please tell me it was next to some soda and snack machines

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #1,369 of 12,415
Yay for today! I actually saw a big variety unlike the usual sub $20, iBuds and Skullcandies!

Visited my old IT teacher for something and find out he used Koss SparkPlugs, saw a guy walking down a busy road with white PX100's (they look ugly compared to the black ones IMO, Black PX100's = look much nicer and less tacky). Also saw a high-school peep with some Technics headphones.

Plenty of the usual iBuds and sub $20's though.

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #1,370 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoliloCey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG I saw a cute hot blonde wearing Beyerdynamic DJX1 this morning boarding the bus to university, this is possibly the most expensive high-end headphones ive seen as of yet. :O

She reminds me of Germania's avatar.

Perfect opportunity to 'talk headphones' (if you catch my drift) and you didn't take it! bah!

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,371 of 12,415
I saw someone at uni with some truely hideous cans, they were closed and he was listening so loud I could hear the noise from a few metres away o_O
I just thought: "Wow, that idiot's going to be pretty deaf pretty soon..."
They turned out to be the Skullcandy iCon / Recruit.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #1,372 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw someone at uni with some truely hideous cans, they were closed and he was listening so loud I could hear the noise from a few metres away o_O
I just thought: "Wow, that idiot's going to be pretty deaf pretty soon..."
They turned out to be the Skullcandy iCon / Recruit.

Oh don't worry about him, his cans won't last him long enough for his ears to die off.
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #1,373 of 12,415
I saw Sennheiser hd215s and some Audio Technica ATH-PRO5s (the Audio Technicas were so... Skullcandy)

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #1,374 of 12,415
Guy sat across from me on the bus this morning sporting ATH-M50. I was amazed, I kept looking till I finally caught a glimpse of the band to prove they were ATH-M50. I was going to say something.. then realized how creepy that may end up.

Got my tracking number for my D2000's today. woot. Can't wait to look redunculous on the train with massive headphones. ...Already got funny looks with old 1001's.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #1,375 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly that's what a lot of people would think trying better headphones for a short period of time. Once mental break in occurs, it's hard to go back down
smile.gif

It gets worse.. She doesn't carry them around with her because "they are too big". They don't fit in her little Coach 'Wrist-let'

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #1,376 of 12,415
I saw a pair of AT M50's while in the Perth Domestic airport a few weeks back. The guy was running them straight from his Laptop, he could of had a hidden amp/dac somewhere. Didnt get a close enough look.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #1,377 of 12,415
A bunch of TDK headphones at uni yesterday (I thought they only made cd-r etc). Oooo and a piar of HD515's. (Thinks, should I go and study in the Library with my deep woodied and balanced HD600's).

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #1,378 of 12,415
I saw a dude today at my university's student center with a pair or Dr. Dre "Beats". Now these are supposed to be CLOSED, noise canceling headphones. But I could hear them from over 5 feet away!
eek.gif
I heard it coming(and assumed it was someone with ibuds) and I heard it long after he passed.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #1,379 of 12,415
Id love to wear my HD650s out of the house but I usually resort to my DT770s cause Im worried about annoying other people with headphones as loud outside as inside. So if anyone sees a dude in Reno with DT770s, say hi, thats me. If you see a guy in Reno wearing 650s, congratulate him for getting over it XD

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #1,380 of 12,415
Ohh, I finally get to contribute after looking around for a quarter at the uni.

Saw those panasonic retro's white, ath-sj3, 2 denon d501's, 4 triports, 2 triports (nc edition), 1 Beats, some IEM's that looked like they had been recabled (blue/white spiral wire), 1 full size skull candy on this 1 girl (green and yellow... jesus...), 1 camo fullsized skull candy, a few portable sized skull candies, many sony portable headphones, 1 porta pro (wow look smaller in person), 2-3 guys wearing massive full sized panasonic/bose/whatever headphones, and an uncountable number of ibuds.

Massive report here. I just got my es7's, but they're so flashy I don't really want to wear them outside. I guess ill stick w/ my cx300's until my next IEM upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back