Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 22, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #11,417 of 12,415
Saw someone with an AK240 at a cafe in perth. Kind of considering buying one, but at $3000....

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #11,418 of 12,415
  Yeah sure he does.  Pics or it didn't happen.   

If he actually does I feel really bad for him.  He has nothing to look forward to as far as pure accuracy goes in audio.  Well, I guess he could get into speakers.  In that case, I feel really bad for him  I mean his parents.

I just figured out that those are 1200 dollar iems... Disregard everything I said.

Well this is late, but I borrowed them. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #11,419 of 12,415
Yeah sure he does.  Pics or it didn't happen.   

If he actually does I feel really bad for him.  He has nothing to look forward to as far as pure accuracy goes in audio.  Well, I guess he could get into speakers.  In that case, I feel really bad for him  I mean his parents.

I just figured out that those are 1200 dollar iems... Disregard everything I said.
what is this, 4chan /b/? I'm pretty sure that most here are completely honest about what they do and see... Well at least I hope so.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #11,421 of 12,415
Oct 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #11,423 of 12,415
Can't really say this was an actual IRL, in the flesh sighting, but I actually found a proper headphone store (Egghead Audiohub) in the Philippines, and boy, their inventory is nuts. It must be the source of all Filipino audiophiles out here. I guess my presumptions got thrown out the window.

I had just bought my Grado SR80e there, but i never went on their store because I bought mine online. But from what I saw on their facebook page i can tell they really got a lot of good cans out there.

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #11,425 of 12,415
I have a very interesting "sighting" to share with you guys! ...If you could call it that.
But first, I'll start with the normal stuff. At my college, I spotted a Superlux HD668B next to somebody's backpack. I didn't get to see who exactly had them. Even though they're very cheap, they were still a surprising find.
From time to time, I also see my brother wearing my V-moda V-80 at the campus library.
Today, I decided to use them in a little project..

I'm a radiography student. And today I had the pleasure of shooting some X-rays at the V-modas! Click on the pictures to make 'em bigger!

The images came out quite well! You can clearly see all of the metal used in the V-80/M-80's construction. No wonder they're so durable! I'm glad that I was able to get the earcups to show up, and the aluminum shields barely absorbed any X-rays(you can hardly see them.)
    Things to note: The cable showed up perfectly, even though it's coated with Kevlar and hidden in the headband.
The construction is not all metallic. In fact, the earpieces are made of plastic, and connected to the headband by plastic!
The headband is flexible because it has a skeletal design, utilizing a hollow center.
The radiographs came out well, but there is some noise present, especially where I used sponges to position the cans.
blink.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #11,426 of 12,415
I have a very interesting "sighting" to share with you guys! ...If you could call it that.
But first, I'll start with the normal stuff. At my college, I spotted a Superlux HD668B next to somebody's backpack. I didn't get to see who exactly had them. Even though they're very cheap, they were still a surprising find.
From time to time, I also see my brother wearing my V-moda V-80 at the campus library.
Today, I decided to use them in a little project..

I'm a radiography student. And today I had the pleasure of shooting some X-rays at the V-modas! Click on the pictures to make 'em bigger!

The images came out quite well! You can clearly see all of the metal used in the V-80/M-80's construction. No wonder they're so durable! I'm glad that I was able to get the earcups to show up, and the aluminum shields barely absorbed any X-rays(you can hardly see them.)
    Things to note: The cable showed up perfectly, even though it's coated with Kevlar and hidden in the headband.
The construction is not all metallic. In fact, the earpieces are made of plastic, and connected to the headband by plastic!
The headband is flexible because it has a skeletal design, utilizing a hollow center.
The radiographs came out well, but there is some noise present, especially where I used sponges to position the cans. :blink:

Woah nice shots! Thanks for sharing :)

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #11,428 of 12,415
Thanks! I'm hoping I'll get to make more images like those, but of other headphones. The problem is that so many headphones are built primarily out of plastic. And I don't just mean Skullcandies; Even the Q701 is just plastic-plastic-plastic. I'm thinking that the M50 might look neat with its thick steel headband and metal rings on its earpieces.
If I take any more x-rays of cans, maybe I'll just post in the "Pics of Headphones" thread, because I think it might be off-topic here.
redface.gif
But then I can't add any text in that thread. Grr!
angry_face.gif
Forget it! Here is fine.
k701smile.gif
It is a "sighting," after all.

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #11,429 of 12,415
Thanks! I'm hoping I'll get to make more images like those, but of other headphones. The problem is that so many headphones are built primarily out of plastic. And I don't just mean Skullcandies; Even the Q701 is just plastic-plastic-plastic. I'm thinking that the M50 might look neat with its thick steel headband and metal rings on its earpieces.
If I take any more x-rays of cans, maybe I'll just post in the "Pics of Headphones" thread, because I think it might be off-topic here. :xf_eek: But then I can't add any text in that thread. Grr! :angry_face: Forget it! Here is fine.:k701smile: It is a "sighting," after all.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/256063/post-your-photography-here-2-new-dial-up-800x600-friendly/12495

You're welcome :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back