Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #6,032 of 12,415
Spent the last 2 weeks in NYC manhattan.  Any time you go near times square you see about 10 pairs of beats walking around.  It was around 10 beats a day for about a week, you could even tell people wearing them with hoods during the rain due to the red cord.  

Also got to experience a nice exchange in harlem on the bus where some super muscle man wearing beats studios and holding like a 10lb weight wouldn't hold the door for someone and got bitched out.  He was jamming 2pac super loud and the whole bus could hear it.  It was pretty awesome.

There's some cheap JVC cans that are really popular around here as well, just some dj ones I don't really recall.  I sniped one pair of either brainwavz or m50 on a really crowded subway car, it was too far to tell but it sure looked like one of those, and a single pair of grados, likely 325 or higher.  Near the east village senn 2XX series seemed to be quite popular.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #6,034 of 12,415
Awesome sightings today at my first day of college. Guy sitting next to me in university writing class has Shure srh840s.

Saw a guy on the bus with Portapros. First time i had ever seen them because they sell them practically nowhere.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #6,035 of 12,415
Flying to ATL today - lots of assorted noise canceling cans. A few Bose, one Senn, and a couple of Sony's - the Sony were surprisingly good looking (just looked them up - They appear to be the MDR-NC500D - spendy.) Shame NC tech usually destroys quality sound... 

A couple pairs of beats, and one set of Miles Tribute IEMS.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #6,036 of 12,415

Quote:
Flying to ATL today - lots of assorted noise canceling cans. A few Bose, one Senn, and a couple of Sony's - the Sony were surprisingly good looking (just looked them up - They appear to be the MDR-NC500D - spendy.) Shame NC tech usually destroys quality sound... 

A couple pairs of beats, and one set of Miles Tribute IEMS.

My friend has a pair of those. He let me listen. They are really bad.

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #6,038 of 12,415
Apart from the usual Beats flood, I actually saw someone wearing a pair of HD650's in the electrical engineering building today!
eek.gif
  Surprise surprise.

By flood I mean 15+ people... :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #6,039 of 12,415
I was wearing my HFI-780 and ran into someone with... Another pair of HFI780s! I was really happy. He said he got them for Christmas and loved them. I let him try mine so he could hear what they can open up to after burn-in and diode board removal and he was pumped.

Other than that, the usual wave of Beats Solos and the like.

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #6,040 of 12,415
Saw a guy at my school with some V Modas. Not sure what model they were but it surprised me to see them there.

Jan 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #6,041 of 12,415
Train from grand central back to ct, Saw 1 ATHm50 a few sonys and a tsunami of ibuds, I was using my hd 598s just because there weren't many people in my car so I wasn't concerned  with leakage, however I was complimented by the chick with the m50, said "they make me look very sophisticated, like I could answer anything about music" ( I lol'd to myself cause thats farrrr from true lol, i only got them cause of morbidtoaster recomended them). ended up conversing about outdoor camping, shes a fan too.

Well lady if you happen to be on head-fi reading this, I thoroughly enjoyed our chat..

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #6,042 of 12,415
White V-MODA LP's during morning walk. Again with the army of iBuds...and someone trying to wearing them over the ear to look "sophisticated" I suppose. Then again, it's sort of expected since the best headphone I've seen to date in school grounds was K240mkII. And there was no amp to drive them with.

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #6,044 of 12,415
HD25's from the guy that sat in the cubicle behind me at my new job. I think i'll wear mine tmrw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back