Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #5,926 of 12,415
Could of been my friend with the m50's, or me with the grado's :p

Quote:
Saw a guy walking at McGill with ATH-M50s... I've seen a guy walking around with Grados too. Maybe they're the same guy that I saw on two different occasions. 

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #5,927 of 12,415

Quote:
Whoa there, no need to get mean about it guys. I didn't self-proclaim (because I really wouldn't); I was tested at age 8. The whole point of bringing it up was that in this thread it was compared favorably to financial success, yet I don't think it afforded me more opportunities than others, and it's certainly not doing me any good to talk about it. But you know what, I'm used to that.

Out of curiousity, what is your IQ score?

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #5,929 of 12,415
Well, I got an e-mail from Spiral Knights (one of my favorite games to play) and one of the topics was about their original soundtrack, linked to Amazon. So I take a look at it and I see the album art.

Is that an Ultrasone Edition 8? 
eek.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #5,930 of 12,415
I'm glad I'm on winter break thanks to the joke named CEGEP XD

Quote:
Huh. I never would've thought.... 

Getting the M50s and an E10 when I go home this winter. But I still have my last final tomorrow...

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #5,933 of 12,415
I don't know, I went to one this summer and it wasn't that much of a success...

Quote:
I'm jealous bro. McGill is not fun. 

So, when's the Montreal-Fi 2012 meetup happening? 

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #5,934 of 12,415
I got to try out a pair of Beats Solo's yesterday from a friend who received them as an early Christmas gift and I felt some very weird pressure when they got a seal. Anyone has have this happen?

Other than that, apparently Beats was at the top of everyones Christmas list at my school, especially studios. I'm not even going to go into how annoying it is from the sound leakage on them.

The only good sighting I had was a Senn HD-25-ii at the mall. He noticed my V-moda M-80's and gave each other a nod as we walked past each other.

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #5,935 of 12,415
I was called out on the R train this evening in Brooklyn NY by a fellow member.  He immediately noticed my ultrasones Ed 8 and I showed him my excessive portable rig.  Touch>solo>HR portable desktop>AOL-ED 8  I did not catch your full user name. I think it was Gradoman.   Send me a PM if you read this.  Its nice to talk to someone who gets it

Regards,

John Tuohy 

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #5,936 of 12,415
I don't see many headphones in public here in finland, not even beats, it's mostly earbuds or iem's. But i saw a Sennheiser HD-25-1 II couple months back in subway station in Helsinki. I've also seen some joggers with portapros.

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #5,937 of 12,415

Quote:
I was called out on the R train this evening in Brooklyn NY by a fellow member.  He immediately noticed my ultrasones Ed 8 and I showed him my excessive portable rig.  Touch>solo>HR portable desktop>AOL-ED 8  I did not catch your full user name. I think it was Gradoman.   Send me a PM if you read this.  Its nice to talk to someone who gets it

Regards,

John Tuohy 

If my friend heard that you were wearing anything above $20 in public he would start talking about how you're probably going to get mugged. We had a 3 hour conversation on this and he still believes that he is right.. It's like talking to a brick wall. =/

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #5,938 of 12,415
Which is odd, because if you're listening to anything, odds are you that you got a device worth getting mugged for anyways!

Quote:
If my friend heard that you were wearing anything above $20 in public he would start talking about how you're probably going to get mugged. We had a 3 hour conversation on this and he still believes that he is right.. It's like talking to a brick wall. =/

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #5,939 of 12,415
Quote:
I got to try out a pair of Beats Solo's yesterday from a friend who received them as an early Christmas gift and I felt some very weird pressure when they got a seal. Anyone has have this happen?

My brother gets the same exact feeling whenever he tries them on at Best Buy. Maybe they seal so well that they're sucking your brains out. Or maybe it's just your instincts telling you to avoid them.
beerchug.gif
I just hope the Sennheiser HD 25 series doesn't give that same feeling of pressure.

Regards,

John Tuohy 

It's such an amazing thing when two Head-Fiers find each other in real life. Ah..I'm just glad that there aren't any stalkers lurking on here, looking for someone to mug. Best to be cautious though.
ph34r.gif

As for spotting. I spotted a few of those white $20 Sony cans and a Beatz Solo HD with its headband broken off completely from both sides. And at my local Barnes & Noble, I discovered that they have a ton of lower-end Koss headphones set up for sampling the music they sell there. I wonder if they are sponsored or something.

Dec 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #5,940 of 12,415
Saw a pair of Bose Triports and a pair of Beats By Dr. Dre Pro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back