Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 16, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #286 of 12,415
Been seeing a bunch of Sony MDR-V150s lately. Saw one pair of E4C on someone walking by, was pretty surprised. Would have talked to him if it weren't for the freezing rain pouring down. :/

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #287 of 12,415
See about 10 people wearing iBuds everyday while heading to the Seneca College campus, in Toronto. Seen Skullcandys, lots of Sony V150s, seen my first Bose Triports (boy do they look flimsy), Sennheisers HD437s, Sony earbuds and clip-ons. Felt like talking to the guy with the Sennheisers, but didn't. Besides from the Senns, I've never seen any decent headphones.

*edit* Actually I've seen a few black PX100s, I guess I have seen decent headphones.

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #288 of 12,415
Theres this one rich kid I always see with prada glasses, and some Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 pros. Also there is one girls who's been in at least one of my classes for a couple years. Last year I saw her come to school with some B&O A8's and an ipod nano, then her nano was stolen along with the A8's. Then she got a new 5G ipod, then last week, she came to school with some PX100's.

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #289 of 12,415
At my HighSchool in Tucson Arizona, I see about 300 people minimum wearing Ibuds, and then a good 10 or so with some big sony or jvc headphones, then one guy wearing the Senn twist to fit things.

I am also the only person in my school who has dared to pay over 50 dollars for headphones, When I ask people to try out my Vibes they downright refuse thinking that nothing could possible sound better than there Nano-Ibud combination...

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #290 of 12,415
I go to UBC (Vancouver) and I have seen at least 4 or 5 pairs of grados (mainly 60's but I saw a some 125's once). I've also seen a guy with some sure e500's and that was cool but besides that, it's just me and my UE 5 pros and k701's.

Jan 19, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #291 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralStoner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At my HighSchool in Tucson Arizona, I see about 300 people minimum wearing Ibuds, and then a good 10 or so with some big sony or jvc headphones, then one guy wearing the Senn twist to fit things.

I am also the only person in my school who has dared to pay over 50 dollars for headphones, When I ask people to try out my Vibes they downright refuse thinking that nothing could possible sound better than there Nano-Ibud combination...

I'm sorry they feel that way. Too bad for the misinformed

Jan 19, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #292 of 12,415
Today after my math discussion class.. I pulled out my E4C, and then guy stand right in front of me pulled out a pair of E2C

We stair at each other, and laughed.

anyway, long story short

I have seem E3C when someone is walking his dog. A bose headphone which my suite mate own. E4G from my last math class.

Somehow, kind of... leading a guy toward buying a E3C, and yes... he bought it

Ibud is most commonly seem on campus in UCSD

but the book store actually sells E2Cs and some other headphone

include Koss

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #293 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After they know you I've found most women find geeky habits cute or endearing. I'm not really sure why that is, but I've been affectionately called a "cute geek". Has anyone else gotten this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get that from my girlfriend. Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to convert her to the cult that is high-end audio.
580smile.gif

Haha, I totally know where you guys are coming from. My girlfriend thinks it's really dorky that I'm so into headphones, but she finds it pretty endearing. So much so, in fact, that she bought me a pair of Super.fi 5 pro's for Christmas.
etysmile.gif

Now if I could only convince her that it's entirely worth it to dump those crappy iBuds in favor of something reasonable!

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #294 of 12,415
i saw my first pair of grados (sr60 i think) in real life yesterday while working at the campus computer lab.

my girlfriend bought me a pair of hd595's for my birthday O_O

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #295 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just two days ago, I saw someone wearing DT770s in class (i thought they weren't portable)! He also had a portable amp with him, which led me to believe he may be an fellow headfier. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to him.
Soooo, I'm gonna ask, is there anyone here who has Beyerdynamic DT770s and is in 1st year Electrical Engineering at the University of Waterloo?

There's someone else at this school that has the DT770s besides me? Too bad I'm not the person you're thinking of.

Oh, and I saw a girl wearing a pair of SR60(80?) the other day but way too many iBuds and cheap Sonys (Sonies?
tongue.gif
)

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #296 of 12,415
it is all fun and games to see a decent or bloody nice headphone in public, but may i remind you of my recent experience... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ghlight=toilet and how it got me some jabs even here in headfi...

that said, i am seeing senns quite often at york uni in canada where i work, sometimes some grados and from afar, it looked to be a k701. further, very few bose around, just not the atmosphere i guess. my koss portapro will pull my hair out till my death i presume and ive begun to get on with my dt770 at school, outcast sheen and everything...

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #297 of 12,415
Two days ago, I am quite positive I saw a young man walking down the street (quite animatedly) with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s.

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #298 of 12,415
Saw a guy at the bus stop in western road, Hove, wearing a pair of SR-60's today. First time i've ever seen another pair of grados (apart from my own). Couldn't tell if they were quarter modded though
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #299 of 12,415
Whoa, just saw some guy with MS1s in the food court in the middle of my university. Earlier today I saw somebody with HD201s in the library. Last week I saw somebody else with a pair of SR80s. There's also some arrogant looking dude in one of my classes with Triports who wears them so the headband is slanted backwards behind his head (probably just to look even more annoying).

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #300 of 12,415
Spotted someone with px-100s and then not five minutes later someone with portapros this morning at Stony Brook. Any Stony Brook head-fiers out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back