Headphone reccomendation?
Jul 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Music3nthusi3st

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am really into IEM's for i they are the most comfortable. Problem is I cant find an iem that is really detailed. I am trying to hear all the details in music. I need a versatile IEM that works with all genres because I am in love with music in general lol. heres where it gets difficult. as I am always on a low budget I really need something thats below 100$ I was looking into the etymotics hf5's but I've heard they dont have much bass and being that my most expensive pair of headphones(Klipsch Image S4) felt like it didn't have any bass and didn't work with genre's like dubstep and hard rock, I am back on the lookout for some very detailed headphones. I realize that below 100 wont get me some audiophile IEM's but I'm just looking for something that I can be satisfied with and use for a while. I am not a bass head, but I was satisfied with the JVC marshmallow's bass. I really would love some ideas and I really cant spend more money on headphones than 100$ because I know there's always a headphone thats better for more money :p all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Don't be so quick to look away from the Etymotic Name.

Try out the MC5. A great budget iem from the inventors of the iem.

Good Luck, Jim

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 9
Have a look at Monster Turbines, they suit the genres you want with plenty of bass up front providing decent amounts of detail.

$79 on amazon.

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Have a look at Monster Turbines, they suit the genres you want with plenty of bass up front providing decent amounts of detail.

$79 on amazon.

Do they have a bass that's over powering? I find that a lot bass can get a little fatiguing at times and change the focus from the vocals to the bass lol. How is the instrument separation? I have yet to hear a headphone that separates the instruments well lol. Would the turbines be a better choice over the NuForce NE-700x? I apologize for  all the questions lol, been looking for headphones for a  while :p  Also, how do they sound with artists like evanesence, hinder and the fray? lol basically when vocals are the main focus lol

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Do they have a bass that's over powering? I find that a lot bass can get a little fatiguing at times and change the focus from the vocals to the bass lol. How is the instrument separation? I have yet to hear a headphone that separates the instruments well lol. Would the turbines be a better choice over the NuForce NE-700x? I apologize for  all the questions lol, been looking for headphones for a  while :p

I wouldn't call it overpowering, it's just has a lot of body and reaches very deep, although slightly bass focused their isn't too much bass bleed into mid range frequency's, that's one thing I liked about Turbines is that bass manages to stay where it belongs. Separation is decent for a IEM in this price range as is timbre of instruments. I haven't heard the NE--700x so I can't compare.

Have a read of ljokersl take on Turbines. You'll have to track them down in this thread. Don't worry about asking questions, it's actually encouraged here. After all it's your money. 
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-244-iems-compared-yamaha-eph-100-monster-miles-davis-trumpet-added-06-19-12

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
how do the turbines sound with vocals? like amy lee lol

Luckily for you I have Turbines, and thanks to Utube - Amy Lee on tap. 
wink.gif

Vocals have decent amounts of clarity for an IEM in this price range. Very realistic the soundstage is decent. I think they're well worth $79 possibly a little more.  

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Luckily for you I have Turbines, and thanks to Utube - Amy Lee on tap. 
wink.gif

Vocals have decent amounts of clarity for an IEM in this price range. Very realistic the soundstage is decent. I think they're well worth $79 possibly a little more.  

I think I may just get these :) It sounds like they cover all genres well and dont put my wallet in a blender lol thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back