Headphone Playoffs!
Jan 3, 2005 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

PTheD

Headphoneus Supremus
Why don't we have a playoffs with everysingle headphone in the world. Ok, maybe not every single one. Kind of just thought of that problem as I was posting. There are a lot of headphones out there, but anyways. Forgetting that there are thousands of headphones out there, why don't we have a poll playoff. Like tennis tournaments and NFL playoffs and the NBA.com picture contest each year. Put two headphones against each other and see which one winns after a week or so and then move them on to the next round till we have a winner. It doesn't have to give us the best headphone, it would just be fun and represent the most voted for headphone as the best. Don't everybody go get all anal on me about how the HD650s are bound to win, lets try it and see how everything does. This of course would have to be ok with the mods and owner to?

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 46
So you think its a good idea, lets get a kind of pettion going. If you think its a good idea Post: "Good Idea"

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 46
Good Idea

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #6 of 46
Well SHeesh! I din't say to post Bad Idea, ONly post Good Idea, I don't like the way Bad Idea sounds and it makes me want to eat more than I already do and that is not good. So unless you want me to die of being a fat ass don't post bad idea.

Jan 3, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 46
bad idea. There will never be a clear winner. Not to mention too many variables. The most votes will probably go to the phone that most people *have* or think are the best. And don't forget the almighty "sound preferences" which is the main factor in choosing a phone. And why would the HD650 be bound to win? It's a great phone, but not everyone likes it. Just because more people have it doesn't necessarily mean its superiority is built into the pavement of head-fi.

Jan 3, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 46
How about actually enjoying the music for a change?

There seems to be too much fascination with Us vs. Them / This vs. That when this whole hobby is subjective and different people have different tastes. As such we have numerous different selections that can fit numerous different needs.

Besides there are too many fanboys and divisions already. We all share a common love- the enjoyment of HeadPhone audio and music / audio in general.

Lets focus on what we have in common and support that instead of further segregating and labeling the community.

Mitch

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Why don't we have a playoffs with everysingle headphone in the world. Ok, maybe not every single one.

about four years ago something like this was brought up and it actually got a bit ugly so half in jest i came up with the "Team XXX" concept but in my version we were to meet at a nuetral site with paintball guns and settle it like men !
icon10.gif

Never actually happened because it turned out all the real badas*es and nutcases were all Team Grado and the actual war would have been a "walk"
wink.gif

(some of you old timers may remember)

I was of course the "Rifle Squad Leader" being the main antagoniost for this miniwar and apheared was to be my Alpha Fire Team leader and he even designed a VERY cool Logo for the Tee shirts we would have been sporting in our hour of victory
very_evil_smiley.gif

heh,there is no best anything guys,only personal preference and /or "affordable" best.

the war is called off due to a new found civility at head-fi for 2005

Throw flowers,not darts

Rickmeister

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 46
Bad idea. What sounds best to one person won't sound the best to everyone, no one has heard every available headphone, and the cost of various headphones will influence things too. It will never work.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back