Headphone or amp?
May 4, 2015 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kamyd

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody i have a question i will be grateful if you answer it
I have sennheiser HD429 +Fiio E07K amp and I'm using them with my iPad and lightning to USB adapter for connecting amp
Now I really can't see any difference between mp3 320kb and flack my question is my amp isn't good enough for flack or my headphone?
Your answer will help me to choose should i change my headphone or amp and store my musics in flack or mp3 320kb?

And I'm sorry for my bad English

Thank you so much

May 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 7
I have sennheiser HD429 +Fiio E07K amp and I'm using them with my iPad and lightning to USB adapter for connecting amp
Now I really can't see any difference between mp3 320kb and flack my question is my amp isn't good enough for flack or my headphone?

You have to understand how compression works and how they relate to hardware limitations. In mp3 format they basically just filter out the lowest and highest frequencies. The reality there is that most modern music don't actually have an absolutely full range of sound from 20hz to 20khz to begin with, and at 320kbps it's not getting too far into the range where most of the sound is. Hence, it is harder for most people to tell FLAC from 320bkps on most music out there, more so when you're using headphones that also roll off below 40hz (even if 20hz is audible on it if you run a test tone at full volume) and just above 10khz.

Your answer will help me to choose should i change my headphone or amp and store my musics in flack or mp3 320kb?

The thing is we don't know for sure if you will be able to tell the difference when using new headphones, so it's hard to recommend that. People do it all the time and then half the time the person who received the recommendations come back here angry about how they spent too much money without hearing a difference. The best way really is for you to listen to better headphones on your own, but even then, psychoacoustics can make it problematic and just make you part with your money, but still that's still better than people enthusiastically goading your to blow your bank account wide open with "sorry about your wallet."

May 4, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Hello everybody i have a question i will be grateful if you answer it
I have Sennheiser HD429 +Fiio E07K amp and I'm using them with my iPad and lightning to USB adapter for connecting amp
And I'm sorry for my bad English

For improving audio quality, get better headphones.
If you sold off the HD429s, how much could you budget for new headphones?

I really doubt it would make a noticeable difference going with FLAC over 320k.
Your just going to take up a lot of storage space for no noticeable improvement.

After you get better headphones, then maybe consider replacing the E07K with something like a FiiO X3 Gen II (X3K)
Store and play all you music files with the X3 Gen II.

So what country are you in?
It great to see people from a lot of different countries interacting on Head-Fi.

May 4, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 7
You have to understand how compression works and how they relate to hardware limitations. In mp3 format they basically just filter out the lowest and highest frequencies. The reality there is that most modern music don't actually have an absolutely full range of sound from 20hz to 20khz to begin with, and at 320kbps it's not getting too far into the range where most of the sound is. Hence, it is harder for most people to tell FLAC from 320bkps on most music out there, more so when you're using headphones that also roll off below 40hz (even if 20hz is audible on it if you run a test tone at full volume) and just above 10khz.

Thank you so much i really didn't know this-it's really helped
I tested my cousin bose soundtrue around ear Yesterday and I couldn't tell the difference with that too i think i cant tell the difference at least with under 200$ headphones

The thing is we don't know for sure if you will be able to tell the difference when using new headphones, so it's hard to recommend that. People do it all the time and then half the time the person who received the recommendations come back here angry about how they spent too much money without hearing a difference. The best way really is for you to listen to better headphones on your own, but even then, psychoacoustics can make it problematic and just make you part with your money, but still that's still better than people enthusiastically goading your to blow your bank account wide open with "sorry about your wallet."

I know it's completely is a personal decision and my question was only the first paragraph

Thank you again

May 5, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 7
For improving audio quality, get better headphones.
If you sold off the HD429s, how much could you budget for new headphones?

I really doubt it would make a noticeable difference going with FLAC over 320k.
Your just going to take up a lot of storage space for no noticeable improvement.

After you get better headphones, then maybe consider replacing the E07K with something like a FiiO X3 Gen II (X3K)
Store and play all you music files with the X3 Gen II.

So what country are you in?
It great to see people from a lot of different countries interacting on Head-Fi.

Thank you so much

My headphone isn't The "s" version the "s" version was cheaper

It will be around 250$ can you please tell me what is better in this price?!

I read the article about the over-ear headphones but i still can't make my decision and my headphone is really cant make a clear voice in busy parts of a music

It's hard to believe but i bought my headphone a little more than 120$(US)
In my country Headphone prices are unbelievable for example base price of bose is 300$(100$ more than ww price)

I am Persian
And I am a head-fi reader for a long time but i never saw any need for registration before

Thank you

May 5, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 7
My headphone isn't The "s" version the "s" version was cheaper
It will be around 250$ can you please tell me what is better in this price?!
I read the article about the over-ear headphones but i still can't make my decision and my headphone is really cant make a clear voice in busy parts of a music
It's hard to believe but i bought my headphone a little more than 120$(US)
In my country Headphone prices are unbelievable for example base price of Bose is 300$(100$ more than ww price)
I am Persian
And I am a Head-Fi reader for a long time but i never saw any need for registration before

My dentist is "Persian".
Here in California I believe we have over 2 million "Persians"

I'm been hearing good things said about the Sound Magic HP150.
Is it easy to order stuff from around the world and have it shipped to "Persia"?

May 5, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 7
My dentist is "Persian".
Here in California I believe we have over 2 million "Persians"

I'm been hearing good things said about the Sound Magic HP150.
Is it easy to order stuff from around the world and have it shipped to "Persia"?

Good point :sweat_smile:
Iran

Not exactly it's easy from china but price for orginal staff isn't so different it's only worth if something wasn't available in market and from amazon or newegg will be higher
I can buy from canada(if it's necessary my family come from calgary) but I rather to buy from here

These brands are available here:
AKG-Sennheiser-creative-Yamaha-Razer-JBL-Sony-Panasonic-philips-even harman-kardon and beats(But they have mind blowing price)-audio technica-BeyerDynamic!-Bang and Olufsen(wich Lowest price is 380$ for H3)

Almost All models 5-6 first brand is available but other only 3-8

I can buy it from here look like it's original

www.aliexpress.com/item/SoundMAGIC-HP150-Closed-Back-Headphones-Monitoring-HP150-Premium-Full-Size-Folding-Headphones-Hot-Selling-Genuine-product/32331179687.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.9.HJ0MlI

Sennheiser or AKG haven't anything good in this price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back