Headphone mystery
Aug 18, 2002 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

martioz

100+ Head-Fier
I quote this question on Head-fi Forum, forwarded from diffrent forum:
posted by btaki

"i have seen these rectangular headphones in paul van dyk's "we are alive " video and i can't find them anywhere .if someone can identify them and give us their opinon that would be great.
by the way you can see the video here:
http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/video...tistID=1037066
then choose "we are alive""

I also would like to know more about those beasts (linked video)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 16
without checking out the video (i'm on dial-up) if the headphones are real, and not made out of polysterene or something, then i'd say that they're Jecklin Floats... the only rectangular 'phones I know
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
without checking out the video (i'm on dial-up) if the headphones are real, and not made out of polysterene or something, then i'd say that they're Jecklin Floats... the only rectangular 'phones I know
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Duncan !!

How about the AKG K1000's? Could be...

I'm on dial-up too

Best!

Ari

Aug 18, 2002 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 16
I can tell you they definitely ain't Jecklins. However I can't tell you what they are... The mystery deepens...

Aug 18, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 16
Damn they be dorky, even on pretty-boy!

Better hope no-one identifies them, or Magicthyse will have yet another indoors-only phone on order!
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 16
Whoa, those are SQUARE phones... They kinda remind me of some Superex ST-PRO-B headphones I (used to? Can't find them anymore) have, except they're more square.

Sep 1, 2002 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 16
I remember long time ago....Far ago, some QUADRAPHONIC headphones like these,

Does anyone remember QUADRAPHONIC codification?

Ari

Sep 2, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 16
Those might actually be an aviation headset of some sort, being passed off as cans. (They look aviation/military...)

And Ari, you're showing your age
biggrin.gif
I remember a guy at work bragging about some big buck quad system he bought. Very expensive though I don't remember how much. This had to be '79 or '80...

Sep 2, 2002 at 7:22 AM Post #11 of 16
Yep. Definitely. Agreed. They make the K1000s look like a Playboy centerfold. (not that I've ever seen one of those... no sirree
wink.gif
)

Sep 2, 2002 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar

And Ari, you're showing your age
biggrin.gif
I remember a guy at work bragging about some big buck quad system he bought. Very expensive though I don't remember how much. This had to be '79 or '80... [/B]

Jee... I think it was before 79...maybe 77. I had one of those...Gradient ST1 - Quadra. They never worked well, sound like sh*** and they where only PSCOLOGICALLY encoded....
mad.gif

Best from

Ari

Sep 2, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Ari

Jee... I think it was before 79...maybe 77. I had one of those...Gradient ST1 - Quadra. They never worked well, sound like sh*** and they where only PSCOLOGICALLY encoded....
mad.gif

Best from

Ari

Gradiente used to make great amps. A friend here has one, looks old, but it sounds very good. Does Gradiente still exists? Haven't seen them products for some time and they used to be very popular here in México.

Sep 2, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix

Gradiente used to make great amps. A friend here has one, looks old, but it sounds very good. Does Gradiente still exists? Haven't seen them products for some time and they used to be very popular here in México.

Hey Onix.

Yes, Gradiente is in the bussines. Thay have a lot of O&M like Nokia on the cell phones, JVC @ audio etc... They are very big now.

They made very good amps but not the ST1....

Best

Ari

Sep 2, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Those might actually be an aviation headset of some sort, being passed off as cans. (They look aviation/military...)

I'm thinking that HighwayStar is right about this one...I was actually thinking that they might be a hearing protection device of some kind (like one might use for industrial use, or maybe for shooting) until he mentioned that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back