Headphone leather care help
May 12, 2020 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MarkSubsonik

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently bought a couple sets of headphones that contain a significant amount of leather and was wondering what the best product(s) to use would be and also how to use and how often to use the products.

I'm relatively new to the headphone hobby and I want to make sure my cans are cared for as best they can be going forward. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

May 12, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 16
To add to my post, what about wood? I have the T60RP's so I'm curious how to care for the African Mohogany on them as well. That is, if they require any regular conditioning / cleaning to maintain them.

May 12, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 16
Hi all,

I recently bought a couple sets of headphones that contain a significant amount of leather and was wondering what the best product(s) to use would be and also how to use and how often to use the products.

I'm relatively new to the headphone hobby and I want to make sure my cans are cared for as best they can be going forward. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regarding leather cleaning, Lexol is fantastic. It’s a two step process, first you use it’s cleaner, then you apply the preservative.

May 12, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 16
Regarding leather cleaning, Lexol is fantastic. It’s a two step process, first you use it’s cleaner, then you apply the preservative.

Awesome, thanks!

Is this something I should apply to a new set or is it more so for cleaning after much use?

May 12, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #5 of 16
Awesome, thanks!

Is this something I should apply to a new set or is it more so for cleaning after much use?

Brand new headphones likely won’t need the cleaner, just the preservative. If you want to be extra careful, I’d still use the cleaner at the get go. You’re going to need both anyway for down the road.

May 13, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 16
Brand new headphones likely won’t need the cleaner, just the preservative. If you want to be extra careful, I’d still use the cleaner at the get go. You’re going to need both anyway for down the road.

Thank for the help man. I bought the lexol cleaning and preservative kit from Amazon. Now to research application techniques etc.

May 13, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 16
Oh, also, is the lexol used on pads as well? Just want to be sure I don't damage anything.

May 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #9 of 16
Oh, also, is the lexol used on pads as well? Just want to be sure I don't damage anything.

Yes, you can use it on your pads, too. I’ve used it on both leather pads as well as pleather pads.

May 13, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 16
Yes, you can use it on your pads, too. I’ve used it on both leather pads as well as pleather pads.

Ok, awesome. Thanks

May 13, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #11 of 16
Love your Nietzsche quote ...

May 13, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #12 of 16

So you can use it on pleather as well? That's good to know.

May 13, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #14 of 16
So you can use it on pleather as well? That's good to know.

The cleaner works great, the preservative may not be as necessary since I don’t believe pleather has any absorptive properties, but it certainly won’t hurt the pads.

May 13, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #15 of 16
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”
― Plato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back