Headphone L/R balance
Jun 3, 2020 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pespo

New Head-Fier
After investing in Beyerdynamic/Drop 177X, and Xduoo TA20 connected to an IFI dac, I’ve between pretty disappointed, balance was off. Tried everything and then I remembered my last trip to the ENT, 20% hearing loss in my left ear... duh! On a PC tweak balance control ; Golden! Problem is not all my sources have a balance control. Anyone know of a hardware eq with a balance control or something else I can put in between A dac and amp.

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 4
hi frend,

im sorry, but i did quick search, and did not find what u were looking for :frowning2:

ur best bet is prbly to build ur own inline L/R balancer, using audio jacks, potentiometer, and some wire, and a small case. i'd imagine u culd build it to be quite small, would be a cool project, and simple enough where u can build with little electronics kowledge

wish i culd help more, mayb some1 else has different solution

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 4
After investing in Beyerdynamic/Drop 177X, and Xduoo TA20 connected to an IFI dac, I’ve between pretty disappointed, balance was off. Tried everything and then I remembered my last trip to the ENT, 20% hearing loss in my left ear... duh! On a PC tweak balance control ; Golden! Problem is not all my sources have a balance control. Anyone know of a hardware eq with a balance control or something else I can put in between A dac and amp.
Windows has a balance app if you dig into it.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #4 of 4

Shirley your DAC must include a balance control? If not maybe get a DAC which does. Otherwise you are at the mercy of every source as you said.

I would not recommend looking for help from windows audio. Good sources will use their own DAC drivers and bypass Windows audio stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back