HEADPHONE HELP
Apr 21, 2006 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ILUVIPODS

100+ Head-Fier
i need some new headphones because i am right now stuck with the ipod stock buds....i dont have that much money at all though. i listen to all kinds of music, but mostly rock/heavy metal. i would also like them to be portable. i will be playing them through an ipod video.

Oh yea, ive alreadyhad grado 60s, er-6is, px100s and 200s, mdr-71s, ksc-35s, and a couple more....they have all broke, ben stolen, sucked up in vacumes(long story), so basically i have bad luck with headphones, and would like them to be durable. thanks,
Steve

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
i need some new headphones because i am right now stuck with the ipod stock buds....i dont have that much money at all though. i listen to all kinds of music, but mostly rock/heavy metal. i would also like them to be portable. i will be playing them through an ipod video.

Oh yea, ive alreadyhad grado 60s, er-6is, px100s and 200s, mdr-71s, ksc-35s, and a couple more....they have all broke, ben stolen, sucked up in vacumes(long story), so basically i have bad luck with headphones, and would like them to be durable. thanks,
Steve

Well which one did you like the best? I'd say just get another SR60, I've never heard of those breaking.

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 9
if you need durable, portable 'phones to bang your head with, get the Sennheiser HD25-1's. They're expensive and there are better sounding headphones for the price, but they're still the closed portables to beat IMO

i'd commend you and give you a cookie if you manage to break them. they're also very bland looking, which might help avoid theft

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 9
Based on your description of what happens to your headphones, I would have to say you need something like this. I would like to see how a vacuum cleaner does sucking those babies up! Plus they have an 'anti-theft' device!

Just kidding [size=xx-small](sort of).[/size]

Seriously though, my portable/beater phone of use is the BeyerDynamic DT250-80. They are probably the most durable headphones I own. These things can take a pretty good beating. As a bonus they happen to sound pretty damn good to boot! However, the best you will probably do is a used pair for $100. So they are probably out of your price range.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Good luck.

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS

Steve

hd-25-1
the best portable full size around probably
closed
very durable
you can also snatch in another cable to upgrade nicely the sound

Apr 22, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerPotato
The hd-25-1's are pretty expensive, arent they? I would say go for the ksc-75's or the ksc-35's again if you liked them.

They're expensive, but can be had second-hand for a lot less. By the looks of it, he really needs headphones that he can sit on with no ill effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back