Headphone hair
Nov 29, 2002 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Cat

New Head-Fier
How do you folks avoid headphone hair? If I have long hair, then I get a nice big dent in my head. If I have it cut fairly short, then I get an amusing (to others) cowlick.

It's the worst with my 7506s, and the insane clamping they do. My SR-125s still cause this phenomenon, however.

Nov 29, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 41
Etymotics.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 41
i find that if i don't use headphones right after i take a shower, i'm okay. i think it has a lot to do with taking a shower and your hair is still wet, then going to bed with headphones on (at least, that's what i do sometimes) or just letting them sit there with damp hair seems to bend them.

it only took once of my gf noticing and making fun of me before i stopped such things from happening.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
i started wearing a cap. hat hair looks less funny.

I gotta go with Skippy on this one, hats are the way to go when the old headphone hair is acting up again. Second option is just stay home and listen to more music. Last option, shower BEFORE leaving to remove any and all traces.

Nov 29, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Etymotics.
biggrin.gif

May you grow ear hair
tongue.gif

If you have curly hair, the flattening can be pretty noticible. In that case, I recommend you blow dry your hair.
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
it only took once of my gf noticing and making fun of me before i stopped such things from happening.
biggrin.gif

I fixed that by giving my gf a pair of decent headphones, now we can both point at each other and go "ha-ha!"

Nov 29, 2002 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 41
My hair can't get any flatter than it already is... luckily (?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 1:14 PM Post #14 of 41
Shave your head! It solves all the problems...
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #15 of 41
I shaved my head. Not necessarily for this reason...but I keep it VERY short so there are no indents when I listen at work. Ety's are great, but when one wears the uber-heavy HP-1000's...there is no doubt...you will likely get a head dent as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back