headphone for i pod
Nov 11, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 16
Most of the cans and IEM's I have owned over the years have been Senn's.

But recently I have discovered the world of Custom Molded IEM"S and there is company that I recommend whole heartedly. Alien Ears / Hearyourself.com. Best color choices, best prices, free shipping, free inpression kit, and their entry level
AE1's start just over 100.00 US.

Give em a look,
IMHO
Now that being said, I find my Senn's to lack their usual good SQ with my Ipod. They come across airy and light. They sound better with WMP. darker and smoother. IMHO I've been spending more time with my UE SF5 Pro's and I am begining to settle in with them a little better. Still lacking the bass of the Senns or my Hearyourself C-3 triple driver customs but overall I would rate the UE's "Upper Middle Class"

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 16
best audiophile IEM...ue10 custom, ue11 custom, among other high cost customs.

best top line selection IEM ( no particular order )...shure se530, ue triple fi 10, klipsch image and custom 2/3, etymotic er4p, westone um2 soon to be succeeded by the ''3'', sony ex700.

best mid line high def selection...shure se310, denon c751, ue super fi 5, sennheiser cx95, jay's Q-jays, etymotic er6i

best low def ( generally speaking, not as highly regarded ) selection...sennheiser cx500, denon c551, shure se110/210.

just a nice selection on in ear options in their respective classes. the selection in the top line class is a case of not whats best but simply what sound you prefer. such as...warm,cold,analytical,fun etc etc. there is no best IEM.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by himadri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi
can someone suggest me the best audiophile headphone for i pod?
what about sennheiser?
thanks

Erm...no. First, read around. Then, post a sensible informative question, providing information about your musical preferences, listening environment, form factor preferences, and price range.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm...no. First, read around. Then, post a sensible informative question, providing information about your musical preferences, listening environment, form factor preferences, and price range.

regular_smile .gif
its his first post go easy, he just hasnt been introduced into the high end headphone world yet, he still thinks the sennheiser cx300 is the best you can get because its thirty quid in argos.
redface.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 16
A good alternative to the Sennheiser CX300 is the Creative EP-830, which comes standard with the Creative ZEN X-Fi portable music player and is now available separately for US$50 just recently. I have one and it sounds quite good--clear treble, and unlike the CX300 the EP-830 has deep, yet clear bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A good alternative to the Sennheiser CX300 is the Creative EP-830, which comes standard with the Creative ZEN X-Fi portable music player and is now available separately for US$50 just recently. I have one and it sounds quite good--clear treble, and unlike the CX300 the EP-830 has deep, yet clear bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

US$50..wow, that's ripoff really.
My opinion though.

Nov 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 16
Am I the only one who gets easily p*ssed (bad censoring, I know) with these kinds of posts? IMO they should be directed to ilounge.com instead.

Nov 11, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 16
Looks I am going to get severely dissed here. I like the sound of my Sennheiser earbuds and px100s with my ipod. If I like that kind of sound...what else is worth considering? My perception is that these are pretty neutral, maybe a bit extra bass. It would be interesting to see how everybody else rates these.

By the way, I did have a pair of B&O headphones but I had fit issues, so I gave them to my (now high-end) daughter.

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by originalsnuffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, I did have a pair of B&O headphones but I had fit issues, so I gave them to my (now high-end) daughter.

Wait, your daughter is high-end? Like, did you apply audio tweaks to her or something?
confused.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, your daughter is high-end? Like, did you apply audio tweaks to her or something?
confused.gif

you're crossing patrick82 territory there, Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back