Headphone Engineers Who Frequent Head-Fi
Apr 20, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 13
Sugarfried is a Shure rep, he posts regularly. Tyll, the owner of Head Room, is also a regular poster... and there's a guy from Etymotic who drops by every now and then. oh, and i think Ray Samuels stops by once in awhile. then there are the assorted DIYers...

don't know if anyone is actually a "headphone engineer"... but they're all in the biz.

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 13
I recently accepted a position at Sennheiser on their development team. I look forward to working with certain Head-Fi'ers during the development and testing of, well...you'll find out.

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I look forward to working with certain Head-Fi'ers during the development and testing of, well...you'll find out.

HD700?
580smile.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 13
I hope the HD700 will be far out of my pricerange, because an HD650 is due to arrive at my house tomorrow, and I don't want anything like an HD700 coming out for around the same price!

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 13
I've seen Norm from GoVibe fame post before.

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
Sugarfried is a Shure rep, he posts regularly. Tyll, the owner of Head Room, is also a regular poster... and there's a guy from Etymotic who drops by every now and then. oh, and i think Ray Samuels stops by once in awhile. then there are the assorted DIYers...

don't know if anyone is actually a "headphone engineer"... but they're all in the biz.

I'm not sure if Ray/Tyll are headphone engineers...

Apr 21, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #11 of 13
Yeah, I'm sure everyone who frequents head-fi knows of all the headphone amp builders and designers who post here. But I haven't noticed and headphone designers (from Senn, Grado, AKG, Shure, etc...) post on here. If not many post, it's probably due to NDAs or something and leaking too much information. I'm sure they must at least lurk around here from time to time to see how their products are being recieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back