Headphone design I'd like to see...
Mar 8, 2006 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
Always thought it would be kinda cool to have high quality IEM's with a headband, kinda like this but obviously much higher quality:

Even a streetstyle version might be cool...

Possible pros:
- Headband may aid in keeping the insertion angle in the sweet spot.
- Band hangs conveniently around the neck when not in use, instead of tangly wires dangling from a shirt clip.

Possible cons:
- Insertion. I have a tendency to wanna twist the IEM during insertion. This doesn't really fly with a headband. This potential problem might be addressed by using a highly flexible headband allowing for some amount of independent twisting on one side only.
- Not sure what else...

I dunno...seems kinda interesting to me...

Peace,

Graz

Mar 8, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 7
Cons:

Not very inconspicuous. A lot of people use Iems cause they're hard to notice.

Size. It's not much, but reg. IEMs you can stick in your pocket.

It can affect your hairstyle. You really don't wanna use a headband with gelled hair . . .
tongue.gif

Uh . . might affect microphonics

Mar 8, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Cons:

Not very inconspicuous. A lot of people use Iems cause they're hard to notice.

Size. It's not much, but reg. IEMs you can stick in your pocket.

It can affect your hairstyle. You really don't wanna use a headband with gelled hair . . .
tongue.gif

Uh . . might affect microphonics

I would never stick IEM's in my pocket. Pocket lint & other unidentified pocket baddies on earpieces seems like an invitation for an ear infection.

Oh...and real men don't use hair gel (anyway, that's what my grandfather would say)...
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Peace,

Graz

Mar 8, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
I would never stick IEM's in my pocket. Pocket lint & other unidentified pocket baddies on earpieces seems like an invitation for an ear infection.

Eh, I did. So does my cousin. No problems so far. (other than visual)

Hey, couldn't you just mod a cheap headband that allows an IEM to sort of be "hooked up" to it? (that didn't sound right, but I can't think at 2 in the morn)

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #7 of 7
heh, i have a pair of those earphones right next to me, for emergencies only. sony mdr-wo8. There like 8 years old though lol, i remeber buyin from an airport one year. there not too bad, obviously they are nowhere in the leagues of iems but i prefer them to the ibuds, since i cant be doin with normal earphones that keep falling out. I use em whenever my etys are in for repair which is quite often lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back