Headphone Damage, Help !
Sep 17, 2002 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ionixus

New Head-Fier
Hello !

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD590's. They sounded great, untill today.

Yesterday my younger brother came in and knocked the headphones off my head. They then fell about four feet onto a hardwoord floor.

Since I couldn't see (or hear) any damage, life went on normally.

But today while I was listening to Beethovan, I noticed that the right side buzzes just slightly. I did several tests, playing different types of music and different volume levels.

Yes, the right ear does buzz. I have to turn the volume up a little higher than normal to really hear it, but it's only in the right ear so I know it's not normal.

Any ideas ?? I am sure it would take a volume level much higher than normal to damage the headphones. Also I would think that the headphones should be able to take little abuse.

Any input is appreciated,
-Ionixus

Sep 17, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like the diaphragms been crumpled...

I'm not sure if the bionetic Senns are as easily changeable as the older HD5x5 breed, but if you can get to the driver, i bet you'll see some damage there... with some patience it is fixable, but if it is crumpled, you're probably better off buying a replacement element...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back