1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone Dac and amp suggestions

1. Mccorm
    Hi All,
    I am looking for Desktop Headphone Dac and amp with pre-amp for speakers. Suggestions for under $600/£450 (I am in UK) go cheaper if possible but I definitely want very good products and good bang for my buck. I want a Dac and amp and preamp for 2 studio monitors this can be an all in one unit or separate (preferably solid state as I want a neutral sound), I don’t mind. I would really like a very good dac and amp that I can use the volume knob for the headphones and speakers and would be great if I could switch between output (headphones and speakers) i have also heard that if you get your power from usb you can sometimes hear static so I would prefer it to not be USB powered but get audio from usb. I also want it to be future proof for my headphones and good for high impedance and drive most headphones it doesn’t need a balanced output. I have looked at many different options and thought I found the right one when I crossed the Fostex HPA4BL but then heard it’s not got a very powerful amp and might not drive future headphones I might by. FYI I am using this in a desk setup with a tower pc.

Please provide all your info and suggestions all are appreciated as I need help with this and am new to the audiophile scene.

Thanks in advance!

2. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    AudioGD NFB-11