Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Mar 1, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #586 of 937
Wow...that explains my great dislike for the ED8. I always thought it was bright enough to kill mosquitoes from a few feet away.

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #587 of 937
Didn't know about this thread on HF.... sub'd. 

biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #591 of 937
I actually liked the edition 9 but it certainly took a little while to get accustomed to. More than the s-logic that takes time, it's probably the very colored mid/highs that come across as weird in the first few minutes... You get used to it though (just like some crave grado house sound).

As for this being a deafening weapon, I don't really agree. If anything, I think I would usually listen to the edition 9 at lower levels than other headphones because if its voicing.

Would be cool to see how all the edition headphones measure, this is such a rare set of data we can look at. Congrats again purrin!

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #593 of 937

Quote:
I actually liked the edition 9 but it certainly took a little while to get accustomed to. More than the s-logic that takes time, it's probably the very colored mid/highs that come across as weird in the first few minutes... You get used to it though (just like some crave grado house sound).
As for this being a deafening weapon, I don't really agree. If anything, I think I would usually listen to the edition 9 at lower levels than other headphones because if its voicing.
Would be cool to see how all the edition headphones measure, this is such a rare set of data we can look at. Congrats again purrin!

arnaud, out of curiosity but how do you find the Ed. 9 compared to the Pro 900? They are supposed to share the exact same drivers with different tuning.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #594 of 937
I can say for me I couldn't wear a Pro 900 for longer than 1.5 minutes.  No sir.  Ed 8 sounds smooth like butter by comparison.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #595 of 937

Quote:
I can say for me I couldn't wear a Pro 900 for longer than 1.5 minutes.  No sir.  Ed 8 sounds smooth like butter by comparison.

Ok, but my doubt is towards Ed. 9, not Ed. 8.

And on a non related note, when are headphone manufacturers making detachable cables a standard of the manufacturing process?

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #597 of 937
It's revolting that at this point in time we see manufacturers (like AKG) launching their higher (highest?) end closed headphones (K550) with non detachable cables. Not something expected, honestly.

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #599 of 937

Quote:

Yeah same here.  I don't think the pro model I listened to lasted more than a few seconds on my head.  ED9 I heard a few years ago after someone at a meet was raving about them, they lasted maybe a minute... not something I could get used to. 

Quote:
It's revolting that at this point in time we see manufacturers (like AKG) launching their higher (highest?) end closed headphones (K550) with non detachable cables. Not something expected, honestly.

I could care less about cables, we have much more serious problems to be worried about IMO.  A headphone has to be listenable for me to care about the cable...

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #600 of 937

Quote:
I could care less about cables, we have much more serious problems to be worried about IMO.  A headphone has to be listenable for me to care about the cable...

I assume you're talking about headphones in general and not the K550.

What problems you find to be more troublesome and how should they be fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back