headphone.com as price reference
Feb 20, 2007 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sinsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! Long time forum-lurker writing a first post:

Living in Norway I have a fairly limited amount of hifi-stores to make a purchase at, often only one chain of stores carries a specific brand. As most other people I like to make sure I get a fair deal.

Are the prices listed on headphone.com a nice place to look for standard prices, or are there other sites I should use instead?

Thank you.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 9
I personally wouldn't go by Headroom's pricing...some of them are dead on but some are rather overpriced. For the best price matching I would use a site like Froogle or Pricegrabber and Resellerratings for assurance.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it really depends on the headphone; they normally sell around the MSRP, and some headphones have a street price well below the MSRP (Sennheiser HD650, beyerdynamic DT770/880/990)

It's mostly Beyerdynamic and AKG I am looking at right now.

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello! Long time forum-lurker writing a first post:

Living in Norway I have a fairly limited amount of hifi-stores to make a purchase at, often only one chain of stores carries a specific brand. As most other people I like to make sure I get a fair deal.

Are the prices listed on headphone.com a nice place to look for standard prices, or are there other sites I should use instead?

Thank you.

When it comes to hi end phones, Headroom is the last place I'd go to find a 'good' deal.. You can get the 701's there for around 400.00, or NLS for 258.. The Ultrs 2500 for 400.00 there, or 265.00 from NLS.. The worst are the 650 price.. I seen some new 650's on Audiogon going for 250.00.. As much as I like HD CS, if you want great deals on cans I wouldn't recommend them..

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 9
I use pricegrabber.com or Froogle for the best deal and headroom.

Edit: Looks like every one already said what I said.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When it comes to hi end phones, Headroom is the last place I'd go to find a 'good' deal.. You can get the 701's there for around 400.00, or NLS for 258.. The Ultrs 2500 for 400.00 there, or 265.00 from NLS.. The worst are the 650 price.. I seen some new 650's on Audiogon going for 250.00.. As much as I like HD CS, if you want great deals on cans I wouldn't recommend them..

That's Northern Sound & Light, rigtht? Sadly, they won't ship overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back