1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone cable (2-pin) with good microphone?

1. ZzBOG
    Hello,

I am trying to find a replacement cable that would be good enough for mid-range IEM (FLC-8s) sound-wise, but will have a decent microphone.

I got NULL Adudio cable and while the sound is good, microphone is much worse than the stock Apple buds microphone.

Anyone has a cable with mic they can recommend? For iPhone if that matters

2. ZzBOG
    Still wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an IEM cable (TF-10 / FLC8S compatible) that has microphone? 

something within 100-150$ pricerange

cardeli22 likes this.
  3. toears
    Am in the market for the same....

4. Navier
    I am interested too...

5. Navier
  6. cardeli22
    I was wondering the same thing. The lack of responses for this post confirms what I have noticed, Most audiophiles see the mic as a plague. Some claim it degrades the sound or the microphonics go through the roof. A good indicator of this is the CA Comet thread here in headfi. Lots of early posts of people asking Ken Ball (the Founder) why would they bundle the iems with a cable that has a mic on it. I, personally, see iems for mainly outdoor use and wonder why you wouldn't want a mic (for fielding phone calls). I have read some people keep the cheap earbuds that came with their phones with them to swap out when a phone call comes in. That seems cumbersome.

Navier likes this.