Headphone cable (2-pin) with good microphone?
Feb 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ZzBOG

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am trying to find a replacement cable that would be good enough for mid-range IEM (FLC-8s) sound-wise, but will have a decent microphone.

I got NULL Adudio cable and while the sound is good, microphone is much worse than the stock Apple buds microphone.

Anyone has a cable with mic they can recommend? For iPhone if that matters

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Still wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an IEM cable (TF-10 / FLC8S compatible) that has microphone? 

something within 100-150$ pricerange

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Does anyone have tested the Noble Mic Cable $80?

https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/accessories/
I was wondering the same thing. The lack of responses for this post confirms what I have noticed, Most audiophiles see the mic as a plague. Some claim it degrades the sound or the microphonics go through the roof. A good indicator of this is the CA Comet thread here in headfi. Lots of early posts of people asking Ken Ball (the Founder) why would they bundle the iems with a cable that has a mic on it. I, personally, see iems for mainly outdoor use and wonder why you wouldn't want a mic (for fielding phone calls). I have read some people keep the cheap earbuds that came with their phones with them to swap out when a phone call comes in. That seems cumbersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back