Headphone amp
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bestdriver70

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys, New to the forum, I have a question that I'm stuck on see if anyone can help. I have a set of headphones for my computer that are usb do they make an amp that has both male and female usb or how can I use my headphones for my computer this would be a budget setup so something 100$ or less

bestdriver70

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi bestdriver70. I don't understand what you mean by "I have a set of headphones...that are usb" and "male and female usb".

Anyway, I assume your headphones have a jack or mini jack....

and that goes into the headphone amp and then you get a type B or mini B to type A USB to go to your PC. The Type A is the flat USB, type B is more square and mini B is smaller.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 5
I understand now. No I do not think that there is an amp designed to power USB headphones. They are designed to be connected straight into the PC. If you find a headphone amp with USB it is one that also has a DAC into it, so it is PC .> USB > DAC/amp > jack cable to headphones.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the info on that I didn't think they had one like that but I wanted to make sure before I bought one. I think I need to get a pair of headphones that I can use on any of the amps.

Thanks again for your time.

Bestdriver70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back