headphone amp for Rega Planar 6 using Senn HD600
Sep 22, 2018 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ReignHavoK

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I am in need of some advice in regards to headphone amps to use with the Rega P6. I cant seem to find any recommendations anyway about it.. perhaps its not a good idea? anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Sep 22, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 5
I’m sure you know you need a phono amp between the Rega 6 and the headphone amplifier, unless you use something like the Schiit Jotunheim or Lyr 3 amplifiers with the phono modules.

I would recommend the Darkvoice 336SE, it’s a great tube headphone amp that pairs well with HD600 or HD650/HD6XX.

Sep 22, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi all,
I am in need of some advice in regards to headphone amps to use with the Rega P6. I cant seem to find any recommendations anyway about it.. perhaps its not a good idea? anyway thanks in advance for any help.

It's not a bad idea (as long as you use a phono pre between the P6 and the headphone amp), vinyl just tends to be less common since the headphone audio boom is basically a phenomenon that is part of a number of other factors: the iPod and development of digital audio including portable high fidelity playback along with lossless playback on computers, people getting around traffic by moving closer to downtown instead of more suburban homes with rooms that can be acoustically treated and used solely for a dedicated speaker system (pure stereo or with an HT in the same room) or the rising real estate prices followed by the bust and economic downturn in 2008, streaming, etc.

Basically, other than the phono pre, your main concern isn't what headphone amp goes with the P6, but what headphone amp can drive your headphones well enough and if you need other extras like whether it runs Class A, can take digital inputs, has preamp outputs to a power amp if you still use speakers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back