Headphone alternatives to Beats Solo HD?
Dec 16, 2011 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

hmwmai

New Head-Fier
I currently have solo HDs that I'm having to send back for the third time since February because of rattling in the left headphone and I'm tired of it.  I want to get some new headphones, and I want some that have good bass for hip-hop/rap, but also overall good sound quality.  I love my beats, but I'm getting tired of sending them back.  Does anyone have some comparable more durable headphones for around the same price of $200 that would put out good bass like the beats but also good sound overall?

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

Yep. It should be superior in almost every single way. I think it's better than the pro's as well from what I hear. I mean, it's already better because price but let's not get into that.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
I currently have solo HDs that I'm having to send back for the third time since February because of rattling in the left headphone and I'm tired of it.  I want to get some new headphones, and I want some that have good bass for hip-hop/rap, but also overall good sound quality.  I love my beats, but I'm getting tired of sending them back.  Does anyone have some comparable more durable headphones for around the same price of $200 that would put out good bass like the beats but also good sound overall?

If you think that your Solos were good headphones, I assume you upgraded from iBuds or $20 headphones. You'll learn quickly on this forum that Beats are overpriced at best and downright horrible at worst. You're lucky you found Head-Fi, because you've now been saved from a lifetime of bad headphones from following the crowd. I know that you like your Solos and all power to you for that, but there's much better out there that you haven't heard yet. Be prepared to be astonished by your new HD-25s, good sir.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
If you think that your Solos were good headphones, I assume you upgraded from iBuds or $20 headphones. You'll learn quickly on this forum that Beats are overpriced at best and downright horrible at worst. You're lucky you found Head-Fi, because you've now been saved from a lifetime of bad headphones from following the crowd. I know that you like your Solos and all power to you for that, but there's much better out there that you haven't heard yet. Be prepared to be astonished by your new HD-25s, good sir.

Yep, I really hate myself for buying the Solo HD, sigh.... too little too late I guess

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Yep, I really hate myself for buying the Solo HD, sigh.... too little too late I guess

I share your pain brother
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #8 of 12
lol, this thread

Quote:
Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

x2
Or HD280Pro, HD25-SP for more bass than HD25-1, Beyerdynamic T50p (used), or ATH-ESW9 (used - also, not quite as durable as the others but still good).
ATH-M50?  No mentions?  Miraculous!

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 12
Pssh! Anything and I mean anything is better than beats solo 'HD' (scoff) headphones . . . besides the sound quality being atrocious they are so uncomfortable . . . they almost make your ears bleed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back