Headphone advice needed please - old pair broke!
Apr 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JohnSmith23

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new here, just passing by to ask for some advice regarding headphones. My old pair broke so I'm on the hunt for a new pair... I'm looking for over-ear (or a really comfortable on-ear) with detachable cable and are closed (I think that's the right term?) so outside noise is reduced or absent. I wear them for hours daily and listen to a lot of musicals and classical pieces (with the occasional dubstep), so they must be durable but not too tight, my head is huge! =p

I have been looking at the Sennheiser HD 215 and 380 models, but would be interested to know alternative suggestions. I'm looking for something preferably under £180 ($270ish).

Thanks in advance,

John.

---

Edit: 

Just seen the other thread about posting advice questions. Not sure if I can move this post now to keep the forum tidy, apologies!

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 3

BillsonChang007

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello John!

For classical, Closed headphone, over-ear design, I would recommend you the Incase Sonic! It didn't get much mention around here but it's a very airy sounding headphone and should play well with classical. Not to mention, these are extremely comfortable! I will next second MDR-1R

Billson :D

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 3

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Soundmagic HP100 sound perfect for your needs. Hifiheadphones.co.uk have them.

Users who are viewing this thread