Headphone advice - I need help!!
Apr 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tomortlieb

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I am definitely a novice when it comes to headphones and would greatly appreciate some insight. I currently use the Monster iSport immersion, which are the blue in ear version. I really enjoy the sound, but I do not find them to be very comfortable. For my next pair, I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of one that fits as much of the criteria below as possible:

- willing to spend up to $200
- obviously, the best sound quality in your opinion (I am far from an audiophile and listen to everything from John Mayer to classic rock to house music)
- noise canceling would be great, but I do realize some of those pairs could be out of my price range
- on or over ear headphones (really no preference)
- comfortable
- lightweight isn't a major concern, but must be able to be easily transported (not looking for the larger DJ models)
- I will primarily be using them while at the gym (cardio exercises, but not running), while walking my dog, and when playing video games on my desktop.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and help!

Tom

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 2
A pair of Brainwavz M2 paired with some Comply T-400 foam tips come to mind.  The total cost is around $110 shipped.  This in an in-ear solution.

My second recommendation is a pair of Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii which are great sounding, have decent isolation, and are built like a tank.  The total cost is around $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back