Headphile K3000 has landed....
Jul 7, 2005 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
r6.jpg

r4.jpg

r2.jpg

r1.jpg

These are of immaculate build quality. Larry has simply outdone his self here. As for early first impressions, when I first put them on it took some adjusting to get into them. After about an hour, I was like holy crap these are the best cans I've heard and owned. And I've had the chance to own the akg k501, ms-2, hd-580, grado rs-1, akg k340, akg k1000, and the headphile hp3000.

So far I'm loving them. Voices are magical, soundstage is big enough to swim in, and unlike all other akgs they have bass impact and extension. They are indeed more foward than any other akg I've heard(as tkam told me).

These are just early impressions, there will be more to come.

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 38
Larry, and specific reason for the larger opening in the Purple Heart? Tkam's aren't nearly as open, and I was just wondering if maybe this was Sixerfan's request?

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Larry, and specific reason for the larger opening in the Purple Heart? Tkam's aren't nearly as open, and I was just wondering if maybe this was Sixerfan's request?

See what happened is that these were Larry's last pair of k3000s and he was having a bit of trouble giving them up. So he built them according to both of our standards. He wanted a larger hole, I said do what you want, as his creations usually always turn out great anyway.

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #12 of 38
I want a pair..
frown.gif

How much did you pay for it? Looks very spiffy!

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 38
They can be customized from your liking ranging anywhere from $1000+. Worth just about every penny.

Jul 8, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #15 of 38
The hole size evolved into what I thought we both would be happy with as far as signature. I give the edge to the larger hole on these, mids a little more forward, a little less bass.

To clarify the pricing... They require a pair of CD3000 and K1000 (or the drivers) to build. What I charge is a base price to turn those into K3000's with options to empty your wallet completely... What the final cost considering everthing can obviously vary, depending on what the original cans cost you (or me)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back