Headphile BlackCoral Series
Apr 18, 2004 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ph34rful

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard these? They sound extremely interesting...
I am looking for a warm and dynamic, high resolution interconnect and these sound like they might be the ticket.

Here is the link for those who haven't seen...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~headphile/page2.html

Basically I am looking for a "high end" interconnect without breaking the bank. (Preferable under $150) It also needs to be at least 1 meter. Preferable 1.5 meter.

It also needs to make a good match with my Emmeline HR-2 w/AD 797s, Sennheiser HD650, and RME Pad 96/8.

In that pricerange the Headphile ICs seem hard to beat. However I am open to suggestions...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 11
I have a new pair of these for my portable setup. My XP-7 is out to Ray Samuels and isn't due back till the middle of the week, I can give you a first impression around the end of the week if you want. Larry at Headphile is great to deal with and the cable seems well built and flexible. He recommends a 100 hr. burn-in for these. I got one with a Switchcraft 90 degree mini and Neutrik RCA jacks.

Apr 30, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 11
Have you received your amp back? I am curious to hear your thoughts.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 11
Funny, I didn't get an email on your response. I'm also getting ready to move, so in my haste to check emails I may not have seen it anyway. The cable has about 100+ hours playtime on it and it does burn-in. The cable opens up, bass and soundstage improves, details improve, treble less pronounced with more air everywhere. I liked the sound from the very beginning. It sounds (on the XP-7) warm with a nice treble and slightly foward midrange. Very nice soundstage. The Black Coral reminded me much of the way Virtual Dynamics cables sound.

May 1, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 11
cool, I was looking around for possible cables to use for a portable setup and saw these at headphile and was wondering about their sonic qualities.

are there other cables in the price range that perform as well?

May 1, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #6 of 11
Zu Pivot? Haven't heard one of these but they have a similar makeup. Part copper and part silver, love their HPhone cable for Senns!

BTW, the Black Coral was 100.00 for 1/2 meter. Larry is a great guy to deal with and delivery was fast, fast, fast.

May 1, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 11
What op amps does your XP7 use?

May 1, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 11
I think I'm gonna pick a pair of these up to use with my Emmeline HR2, Emu1212m, And HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back