Headfiers...i met one of you today in Berkeley
May 8, 2006 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
apparently there are more than four UC berkeley headfi members, since i talked to another one on Dwight and Telegraph today...but i didn't get ye screen name.... in any case, if you have a facebook account, put "head-fi" under activities.

May 8, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 22
no it's not me

icon10.gif

May 8, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 22
the activities thing doesn't seem to work. I have "head-fi" in mine but it still only shows you/the girl. We should just make a group.

Ok, i made a group.

If you are a UC berkeley student and a member of head-fi, just search for yellafella321 and you will find me.

May 9, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
apparently there are more than four UC berkeley headfi members . . . .

That's very scary. Shouldn't there be some kind of limit on then number of UC Berkeley members?
icon10.gif

May 9, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 22
Okay, i joined the group...so humanflyz is the one with the K701 and yellafella321 is the one with the RS1 right?
how do i invite people to the group?
Ayt999 and oski are alums, and kitaoji isn't on...it would honor us if you guys joined the facebook group

May 9, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
Ayt999 and oski are alums, and kitaoji isn't on...it would honor us if you guys joined the facebook group

I'd be happy to, but what's the facebook? Please provide a link. So you just stopped a random stranger today on the street because he had a pair of K701s on? That's really cool!
tongue.gif

May 9, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 22
www.facebook.com, you can register via your old berkeley email address.

I made it a closed group, don't want just any random person to join the group. Out wallets shall suffer together!

If there are any members of head-fi, just have them send a request to me to join and i'll add them asap.

Woah, oski ur an alum! one of my photography heroes AND a berkeley alum AND in NYC(i'm from LI) + headfier, cool stuff =)

May 9, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
www.facebook.com, you can register via your old berkeley email address.

Umm...would you believe that when I was still there (Architecture '92) they were just setting up email for the students? I may have had an email address towards the end, but I'm sure I didn't use it as no one else was using email back then.

I actually had to sign up using my ray2atcolumbiadotedu account instead. I mean just look at that email address, I was the second Ray at the school with an email account, we were using a very primitive version of PINE at that point in 1993. Okay, now I really feel old.

At any rate, I couldn't find your name or head-fi. But you can probably find me using the above email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
Woah, oski ur an alum! one of my photography heroes AND a berkeley alum AND in NYC(i'm from LI) + headfier, cool stuff =)

Yeah, it's a really small world. Strange too that I thought there were not many Cal students/grads on these sites as I am Oski here, Audiogon, and audioasylum as well.

If you are interested in photography, I'd highly recommend taking a class at Cal. I took VS181 at the time (visual studies). It was offered at Wurster and the darkroom at the school was excellent.

May 9, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 22
I can't go to Berkeley, it gives me the munchies
tongue.gif

May 10, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #13 of 22
Peoples!
i just realized we have enough members to start our own campus headphone club! (meaning we get free usage of rooms and can host our own meet!)
wink.gif

and of course, table on sproul and try to introduce people to good audio.

May 10, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #15 of 22
LOL!

I hate those people on Sproul passing out flyers, because they follow you and try to shove paper slips in your head. I don't want to act like a jackass, so everytime someone approaches me, I have to take out my ER6's and pretend that I'm interested. Having to take out my IEMs on a fairly frequent basis is really disruptive. I wish they would just get a clue and leave people with headphones alone.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back