Headband replacement for Beyerdynamic DT 990 headphones
Nov 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrivera23

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-FI forum members! So last March I purchased some Beyer DT 990 (600) headphones with Fi9 and Mixamp amps. To say the least they have met my expectation and then some. But recently I have notice that the headband has changed. I really don't know the proper terminology, but i have noticed that the black part on the left side of the headphones that has the "L" has become loose. The actual part itself is not loose, but the way the speaker holder(again forgive me for my ignorance) fits into the "L" black part is very loose. And when i try to adjust the speaker-holder part, it makes a nasty click sound like something is constricting it from moving in and out effortlessly, because it goes in a weird angle . Before I could adjust the speaker height while wearing the 990's, but now i have to take them off to do so. Lastly the speaker-holder is loose to the point that it moves within the socket very easily and it doesn't have a firm lock when you adjust the height. It's loose to the point that when i look down a little bit the left speaker kinda slips off my ear effortlessly. I was wondering where i could replace the headband or if there is something I can do myself without having to order new parts.

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 3
I would post pics, but unfortunately it’s not something that pictures alone would show what is wrong with my headband. I guess it’s just the feel of how it moves and how it feels on my head.  I don’t know exactly what’s wrong, but I suspect it has something to do within the headband where the speaker slips into. It’s as if the socket got much wider, making the speaker more loose.  I bought these last March, thus I have a two year warranty on them. There’s this repair company out in New York that Beyer uses to contract out all its repair services on Beyer products in America. I was wondering the warranty would cover the costs to get the headband replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back