Headband is flattening my hair!
Mar 1, 2006 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

vo328

500+ Head-Fier
I've determined that my 271's headband is really not good for use at work, simply because it smashes my hair flat! But, I continue using it anyhow... why? Because it sounds so damn good! My Beyer's don't really do this, and I'm curious if Senn headbands do the same thing?

-Vik

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 28
LOL! This is the first time I've heard someone complain about the headband flattening their hair! My only suggestion would be to straighten up your hair after you use your headphones.

I've never been conscious of this fact. I think I will be more aware of my hair from now on, particularly after an intense listening session
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 28
Shave it off like I did and you'll never had a hair out of place
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
Shave it off like I did and you'll never had a hair out of place
biggrin.gif

I'll probably have to! I'm not sure I'll be able to continue affording hair services after the money I've been putting into my hifi hobbies...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
u'd be amazed by what the AT 3d wings could do to your hair.

Do they give you a "mohawk" effect? Based on the shape, that seems most likely...

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 28
Hmm...I haven't experienced this with Senns, I guess because the headband isn't very wide, and most of the pressure is on your ears rather than on the top of your head. Just get a really short haircut and forget about styling.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Apply huge amounts of gel onto your hair. Make it like a crash helmet and no headband will be able to compress them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not bad, but I'd go a step further (mod coming). I suggest removing the cans entirely from the headband, shaving the sides of your head, and then using glue-sticks/crazy-glue to adhere the phones temporarily to the freshly shaven sides of your noggin. Oooor you could just get some IEMs.

-Angler
etysmile.gif
<= No hair problems.

P.S. If you do follow my advice. Please send pix.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 28
I get the same thing. Actually I'm pretty sure some days my skull is being reshaped
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Apply huge amounts of gel onto your hair. Make it like a crash helmet and no headband will be able to compress them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And hopefully you'll get many responses if you decide to sell them!
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 28
The headband squishes your hair? But really,arent beehive hairdoos out now? Unless youre a diehard B52's fan?
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #15 of 28
Headphone hair... that's why I was initially very reluctant to use full size headphones. And I asked this question not too long after joining Head-Fi. Someone suggested I should get the K1000.

I tried my best to avoid headphone hair and searched for very light weight headphones that I could wear semi-streetstyle. About six months ago, I realized I was not going to get the sound quality I wanted out of earbuds or streetstyle cans so I succumbed to the need for good sound.

I now wear full size headphones and do my best to fluff my hair before stepping out of the office. On days with meetings, I'll wear my cans streetstyle until after the meeting. Wearing them that way can affect the sound but it's not too bad.

Now I love headphone listening so much that I'm considering a crew cut for the summer. My sons, 2 and 5, sport short crew cuts, so maybe it's time daddy joined them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back